Sleep Times make a difference?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Vaellian

Sleep Times make a difference?

Postby Vaellian » 23 Jan 2013 20:35

I am a college student so i have a very weird sleep schedule but it is consistant during the week.

I have had an extremely hard time trying to remember my dreams. and i used to remember them very well but that was before my schedule swapped.

Will it impede Dream recall to go to sleep in the morning and wake up in the afternoon? i am still getting near 7-8 hours of sleep every day it's just my Sleep schedule is 3 am - 11:30 am rather than say 10 pm - 6 am

Thanks in advance for anything!

HAGART

Re: Sleep Times make a difference?

Postby HAGART » 24 Jan 2013 07:01

Whether we know it or not our bodies like a regimental sleep time. And if it changes it can throw things off. (Not just dreaming, but hunger and bowel movements and everything else the body does...)

You know jetlag?
It can sometimes take a whole week to get over it.

However, on the other hand, I have noticed that when I get a little sleep deprivation for a while, and I go to sleep again normally and even sleep in, dreams come back with a vengence. Almost like they were trying to make up for lost time.

Vaellian wrote:Thanks in advance for anything!

Take it or leave it, but it was 'anything' or at least something.......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Vaellian

Postby Vaellian » 24 Jan 2013 07:54

I don't think i'm sleep deprived. i am getting 8 Hours for the most part its just the time of day aspect

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Jan 2013 06:25

Vaellian wrote:I don't think i'm sleep deprived. i am getting 8 Hours for the most part its just the time of day aspect

But are you R.E.M. deprived? It's still 8 hours, but do you still get that final period of sleep known as R.E.M.? I know from my experience, changing sleep time can ruin the whole cycle. Even if it was 8 hours... was it the same 8 hours. Quality vs. quantity......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”