For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Postby Narc56 » 23 Jan 2013 21:27

Hello everyone, I have some questions about lucid dreaming. My case is a little different than most I think, as I have a sleeping disorder called Narcolepsy. To start off, I'd like to mention where I think I may be a little different than most.

Number one: I have been lucid dreaming since I was a child, until recently (I'm 21 now) I had no idea that there was even a name for what my dreams were, but here we are. I think that the reason I started doing it so quickly is because of Narcolepsy, which causes the mind to skip the normal phases of sleep and go straight into REM sleep, rather than follow the proper order of things.

Number two: I lucid dream every time I go to sleep. Whether it be going to bed at night, a 5-10 minute nap, doesn't matter, I am always lucid. And since I usually do not sleep for over an hour at a time (part of the disorder I guess, REM sleep is the only kind of sleep I am able to get and only lasts 60-90 minutes usually or something like that) this means I have a few of them a day. Perhaps this affects my control over them? I am not sure.

Now, I always had a great degree of control over my dreams when I was young and going through high school and all. But as I have been getting older, my control has been declining. Now my dreams are borderline chaotic. I have slight control every now and then, but it seems that things either play out in a chaotic, random fashion, or when I try to control things, my dream seems to create things or act in a direct counter to my desires. I have so many questions, but I'm not sure what all is allowed to be talked about on this forum, and my dreams (like any I would think) can often take odd or inappropriate turns. Anyway, I really need some help understanding and regaining control of these dreams, because since I have them every time I go to sleep, I often wake up frustrated, angry, or frightened, depending on how the dream goes. Can anyone help me out?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”