What is the higher purpose of lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
blackbird

What is the higher purpose of lucid dreaming?

Postby blackbird » 03 Feb 2013 20:57

Hi fellow dreamers,

I'm looking for a higher purpose of having lucid dreams. Something that has an impact on my life; more than the nice memories when I wake up.

I've read a lot about the OBE, but ended up having lucid dreams instead. Some would say it's the same thing, possibly, but that's not my opinion. Anyway, from what OBExperiencers write, OBEs often have positive effects on your life, such as reducing the fear of death and developing psychic abilities (telepathy, clairvoyance, visions, precognition, clairaudience, etc...)

I just wrote those effects as examples of what I consider being positive impacts on life - or written differently: personal development.

So my 2 questions are actually:
1. Can lucid dreaming impact your life in a positive way/increase your personal development? If yes, what are those positive effects?
2. If so, how to use the lucidity in our dreams to steer them towards this goal of personal development?

PS: I tried to search for a similar post on the forum (I guess there is one), but the search engine considers that all words I search for are "too common"!

Ryan

Re: What is the higher purpose of lucid dreaming?

Postby Ryan » 04 Feb 2013 00:27

Well, I don't know about any purpose higher than why we're even experiencing this physical reality... but I can share my personal truths with you in hopes that it might help you find your own.

I've been projecting for pretty much my entire life. Most of this experience I really had no idea what I was doing... I was mostly just being "awake" while I was dreaming. Flying around, etc... it was fun.

Over the last, almost 4 years now, it took a lot more of a spiritual spin on it. I've made lots of personal discoveries about myself, and even about reality too. I've written about everything I've discovered on my website so I won't repeat it in this thread... but one thing I've really found is that there really is no higher purpose to lucid dreaming (projection of any kind).

I mean, yes, you can glean things about yourself and reality which you didn't know before... however, those are inconsequential and is relatively meaningless knowledge. For example, you don't have to know how a car works in order to drive one.

The higher purpose can be found right here in this physical reality. It's about spiritual growth... it's about becoming a better person... it's about having a positive outlook on life in general. The higher purpose is knowing that YOU create your reality, even here in the physical.

It's gotten to the point now that I don't even actively practice projection anymore. I do have many spontaneous projections at night still, and I cherish those and work with them, but I've decided to work entirely upon my spiritual growth instead. I've become, in my opinion, a much better person for it.

That is the point. That is the purpose. To become a better person. That's my truth, that's what I've found. I hope it of some help to you when you find your own truth. :)

1. Can lucid dreaming impact your life in a positive way/increase your personal development? If yes, what are those positive effects?
2. If so, how to use the lucidity in our dreams to steer them towards this goal of personal development?

So to directly answer those...
1. Can it impact your life? Yup
2. That's entirely up to you. :) Find out what makes YOU tick.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Re: What is the higher purpose of lucid dreaming?

Postby Peter » 04 Feb 2013 02:26

Similar to Ryan, I see life as a gift and no more or no less purpose than that. Lucid dreaming has allowed me to view the waking world in a different way and for me to experience this waking world with more engagement of my senses and mind and in its own way this enhances the dreaming world.

Yes lucid dreaming impacts my waking world

Just follow the dreams either vivid or lucid and allow the dreams to happen and find what you want from them
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”