Was this a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Esther

Was this a lucid dream?

Postby Esther » 17 Feb 2013 16:38

Hey guys!
So, I'm new here. I have been trying go get a lucid dream since 9 days, using the methods described on the site and the free e-course.
Tonight, I had a pretty weird experience. I'm not sure if it was a lucid dream, or just a dream, but it went as follows:
I don't remember myself realising I was dreaming, and suddenly I'm standing in the middle of my room. (I remember about as much from this dream as I normally do). I remember that it was very real, and I realised this must be a lucid dream. So I tried to fly, and it worked. I went to open my windows to fly outside, and tried to fly just one more time, just to test- and it didn't work anymore. So I did a reality check, and my fingers didn't go through my hand or the wall anymore! I clearly remember doing this, but I don't remember going back to bed or doing anything after that before I woke up.
Pretty weird, right? How can I just go from being lucid to not being lucid anymore? Was it just an extremely vivid normal dream, a dream about lucid dreaming or some kind of semi-lucidity?

rothgar

Re: Was this a lucid dream?

Postby rothgar » 18 Feb 2013 01:06

I think it was a low level of awareness. But really, what does it matter? You were definitely close, but not as aware as you want to be, so keep at it. The time will come when you have more awareness in a dream and it will seem 'real'. I sometimes have lower awareness dreams that are more dream-like and you definitely can drift off to dream-land.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Feb 2013 01:20

Yes that was a lucid dream... you were aware that you were dreaming during it. Congrats

You wouldnt remember going back to bed as you probably didnt do that in your dream... it sounds like you either woke straight up from that point or seeing you think things are missing, you probably dropped out of the LD consciousness and into a normal dream (which you dont remember) before waking up.

Reality checks do fail at times esp if one is believing at the time that one isnt in a dream (your expectation of what the result of the reality check will be can just be created via your thoughts) and its why many do several different checks.

To stop yourself loosing lucidity during a LD if you feel like you are starting to eg conscious thinking is starting to go or drift.. start doing real life thinking things to help bring your waking awareness back in fully eg adding numbers can help with that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Feb 2013 03:33

Sounds like a lucid false awakening to me. Or some may dub it an out of body experience..... choose the term you want.

Esther wrote:So I did a reality check, and my fingers didn't go through my hand or the wall anymore!

Yea, one thing you will notice when you get more of these. Those reality checks don't always work anymore in the dream. But you already know you are dreaming anyway. It can become very real like waking life at times.

Kudos on your achievement! (Now I need to look up, 'Kudos' and figure out what I just said! :lol: I've heard that word before.......)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Esther

Postby Esther » 18 Feb 2013 16:11

Thanks for the answers and for the kudos! ;) I'm so excited that this was probably my first real lucid. I will try to remember the thing about the hands reality check not working- I hadn't heard of that before, so thank you for that too!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 19 Feb 2013 15:06

This was a lucid dream.
You realised indirectly that you were dreaming but soon you lost your consciousness within the dream and therefore lost your lucidity and memory of your further dream.
You have to maintain the balance between your consciousness and subconscious.

Be careful, if you become too conscious, you might wake up but anyways this would help you remember your dream more easily.
Do a reality check

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 22 Feb 2013 07:00

All you need is more time to get expert in this.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 24 Feb 2013 03:51

Esther wrote:Hey guys!
So, I'm new here. I have been trying go get a lucid dream since 9 days, using the methods described on the site and the free e-course.
Tonight, I had a pretty weird experience. I'm not sure if it was a lucid dream, or just a dream, but it went as follows:
I don't remember myself realising I was dreaming, and suddenly I'm standing in the middle of my room. (I remember about as much from this dream as I normally do). I remember that it was very real, and I realised this must be a lucid dream. So I tried to fly, and it worked. I went to open my windows to fly outside, and tried to fly just one more time, just to test- and it didn't work anymore. So I did a reality check, and my fingers didn't go through my hand or the wall anymore! I clearly remember doing this, but I don't remember going back to bed or doing anything after that before I woke up.
Pretty weird, right? How can I just go from being lucid to not being lucid anymore? Was it just an extremely vivid normal dream, a dream about lucid dreaming or some kind of semi-lucidity?

If at any point you realized you were dreaming, which is really sounds like you did... then it's a lucid dream. Or as I call it a "non-physical lucid awareness experience".

Congrats. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 20 Mar 2013 17:21

deepakkumaar97 wrote:You have to maintain the balance between your consciousness and subconscious.

Be careful, if you become too conscious, you might wake up but anyways this would help you remember your dream more easily.

I was terribly wrong. :lol:
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2013 23:29

Esther wrote:Thanks for the answers and for the kudos! ;) I'm so excited that this was probably my first real lucid. I will try to remember the thing about the hands reality check not working- I hadn't heard of that before, so thank you for that too!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Any reality check will probably fail if you are thinking they will or if you really believe you are doing the check while physically awake. So you need to always keep an open mind when doing a reality check that it could be a dream and believe the reality check is "likely" to work. If you dont... you'll get wrong reality checks.

One often creates whatever one is thinking in a dream so what thoughts you hold while reality checking are important to the success of it or failure.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”