Would you calssify this as a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Would you calssify this as a lucid dream?

Postby Vonozar » 19 Feb 2013 22:01

I'm not quite sure what this was. I was having a dream where I was walking around on a ship looking in the different rooms. I was aware that this wasn't reality and that it was all happening in my mind, but I didn't get the "this is a dream" realization, just that this wasn't real but I didn't fully grasp what that meant. I remember that in two of the rooms I knew what to expect to be in them somehow, but in a third I didn't. I remember thinking to myself "I have no idea what is behind these doors. Whatever it is my subconscious is creating all of it so I should pay attention to what's in it and try to figure out what it is trying to tell me." In this dream I didn't act like I do in lucid dreams. I always do multiple reality checks, even when I'm barely lucid. I didn't do any in this dream or try and stabilize it or anything, which has never happened before. I always do. Also, there was this dream character that I never actually saw just knew she was there and I knew I had to hide from her and that it was somehow important that I do yet I had no idea why. When I'm lucid I usually try to find these dream characters and confront them, not hide. I have no idea what to call this. What do you think?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Re: Would you calssify this as a lucid dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Feb 2013 01:11

If you didnt actually know you were dreaming... it doesnt sound as if you were all that lucid.

There isnt a clear line of where lucidity starts... awareness comes in various levels, a continum of no awareness at all to 100% awareness (and within that continum is lucid dreaming). Sounds like you were hardly aware at all.

I guess everyone has their own definitions on at what point they will call a dream a lucid dream. I dont call any of my dreams lucid dreams unless Im aware Im dreaming and also aware that my physical body is in bed asleep while Im dreaming.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”