Dreaming of the dead

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamworld777

Re: Dreaming of the dead

Postby dreamworld777 » 26 Feb 2013 15:47

Wowwww!! That is really amazing! I can imagine how upset that must have made you to see that same little girl on TV.Although,I'm not sure that if you saved her in your dream that she would have lived in real life...that's quite a burden to put on your shoulders...especially being someone that you didn't even really know.
I think that the dream that I had with this man was the only dream that I ever had that involved a person that carried over into my waking world...but I will tell you this..there is no doubt in my mind that this was the same man in my dreams.I always find it so strange though that as he drove by,he never even looked in my direction...I was right there!!! I saw him clearly.I always wish that I would have seen him in a store or walking somewhere..I know I would have approached him and asked him something..no idea what,but I would have had to say something just to see what kind of response I may have gotten..but it didn't happen that way.I will always wonder who he was and how in the world did I dream him twice before actually seeing this man in real life.Those unanswered questions drive me insane :roll:

Anyhow,your dream was amazing and it's your good deed that you tried to save her.Maybe it was some sort of 'test' for you in the dreamworld.I always believe that we should be good to our dream characters.I read about people killing them or just being mean to them for no reason...I often wonder why people do this.Murder and cruelty is such a big thing in the real world,why would anyone want to carry this over into the dreamworld where things can be so wonderful and peaceful?? I never really understand that.I believe that there are consequences when we misbehave in the dreamworld after a while..what do you think?

It will be great to see if anyone else has had these experiences of dream characters showing up in reality..so very interesting....hmmm..maybe this subject needs its own thread if there isn't one already,i will have to check and see what I can find....

R99

Postby R99 » 26 Feb 2013 18:07

taniaaust1 wrote:
dreamworld777 wrote:What are your thoughts on that experience and has anyone ever had a situation such as this one happen to them?? I'm really curious.Whoever that man was or is,appeared in my dreams twice and then showed up in waking reality and that is just no coincidence....

I know one can get premonitions in dreams but often the stronger the emotional energies around the future event.. the more likely people are to have it affecting dreams. Sounds like your future experience of that guy really impacted on you :)

I'll share one of my premonition dream experiences (interestingly these usually occur 3 days after I see them in dreams.. I dont know why its usually 3 days with me but that's good as it helps to give a good idea on the time for the future thing), Ive had two around incidences with fires. I'll share the one like your experience had a person in it.

I had a very vivid dream in which I was trying to save a child who was in a burning building. She was a a little girl. This dream was a horrible nightmare as everytime I grabbed the little girl and moved her away from the flames in the building/house..they were still getting her. I tried to get her safe but couldnt do.. even when I grabbed her and ran with her throu flames and got her out of the building.. she still ended up being burnt.. flames just came after her. I had to accept in the end there was nothing for her at all which I could do, I couldnt save her. I woke up from that dream quite upset but i wasnt aware this one was one of my prophetic ones at the time (some of them Ive known as they have a different feel to them.. one of those "I know this is real" feelings").

A very short time later.. while watching the news (I forget right now it was next night or a few days later like my normal premonition stuff).. they reported a fire in a house and the little girls photo came up on the news. I was so shocked.. and at that point wondered if I'd managed to some how save her in that dream whether she would of not died. Deep down thou I know I did everything possible to save her in that dream, it just couldnt be done.

u didn't mention that dream LD or ordinary, if it was ordinary u have nothing to do with it, if it was a LD, what if u managed to save her, what if u changed the way of future? ever think about that? its crazy :?
I see the Truth now.

donald

Postby donald » 26 Feb 2013 21:25

Wow. Pre-cognitive dreams. This is really interesting. I have never had one (at least not one that I can remember). I do often dream of people who I have not seen for a long time and then within the next day or two bump into them in waking life. It’s not quite the same but it makes me stop and think. Tania, I agree with dreamworld 777, I don’t think you should beat yourself up about the girl. It certainly seems to be an instance of pre-cognition but what could you have done about it? Maybe if you had recognized the people or place in the dream you could have tried to make some kind of pre-emptive intervention in waking life but it doesn’t sound like this was the case. Even if you had, would anyone listen? I know that on a forum like this we are all open to, at least, the potential for some kind of continuity between the worlds of waking life and dreaming but I suspect that if I were to approach a stranger here in Aberdeen and warn them of impending danger that I had dreamt the night before they would probably walk away laughing. It sounds to me like you have some kind of potential or ability that most of us do not. My advice would be to embrace it and see what happens but definitely don’t be critical of yourself. You are not to blame.

Dreamworld, if you were ever to bump into the truck driver again, what do you think you might say to him? It might be worth thinking about. You dreamt of him for a reason. I don't know what the reason could be but I think there must be one. We live in a small world and if you have seen him once (in waking life) you may well see him again. I am in two minds over this. On the one hand, in your dream he was aggressive. Would he be in waking life? And might this put you at risk of danger? On the other hand, this has really impacted on you. How could you not approach him if you were to see him again?

If you start a new thread on this. Let me know. I'd love to hear more.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 27 Feb 2013 02:24

donald wrote:Wow. Pre-cognitive dreams. This is really interesting. I have never had one (at least not one that I can remember). I do often dream of people who I have not seen for a long time and then within the next day or two bump into them in waking life. It’s not quite the same but it makes me stop and think. Tania, I agree with dreamworld 777, I don’t think you should beat yourself up about the girl. It certainly seems to be an instance of pre-cognition but what could you have done about it? Maybe if you had recognized the people or place in the dream you could have tried to make some kind of pre-emptive intervention in waking life but it doesn’t sound like this was the case. Even if you had, would anyone listen? I know that on a forum like this we are all open to, at least, the potential for some kind of continuity between the worlds of waking life and dreaming but I suspect that if I were to approach a stranger here in Aberdeen and warn them of impending danger that I had dreamt the night before they would probably walk away laughing. It sounds to me like you have some kind of potential or ability that most of us do not. My advice would be to embrace it and see what happens but definitely don’t be critical of yourself. You are not to blame.

Dreamworld, if you were ever to bump into the truck driver again, what do you think you might say to him? It might be worth thinking about. You dreamt of him for a reason. I don't know what the reason could be but I think there must be one. We live in a small world and if you have seen him once (in waking life) you may well see him again. I am in two minds over this. On the one hand, in your dream he was aggressive. Would he be in waking life? And might this put you at risk of danger? On the other hand, this has really impacted on you. How could you not approach him if you were to see him again?

If you start a new thread on this. Let me know. I'd love to hear more.

What would I say?...hmmm..I never really thought it out.I would probably start a random conversation just to see if he is friendly and would talk.If so,I would somehow try to become his friend and after a time,I would tell him about the dream.I would definitely have to know him first (even a little) before I started talking about the dream...if I didn't,he would surely write me off as crazy...unlessssss..he also dreamed of me as well.That would be mind blowing also :o
But I imagine it would be a little hard to first approach him...I would probably just stare at him for a while in disbelief :shock: ...I mean,can you imagine???

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Feb 2013 11:50

dreamworld777 wrote: I saw him clearly.I always wish that I would have seen him in a store or walking somewhere..I know I would have approached him and asked him something..no idea what,but I would have had to say something just to see what kind of response I may have gotten..

I think Ive heard before of two strangers dreaming of each other and then coming across each other and both remembering the other from the dream. I think I've read one time at a site of two people actually getting together (as a couple) after such an experience.

Anyhow,your dream was amazing and it's your good deed that you tried to save her.Maybe it was some sort of 'test' for you in the dreamworld.I always believe that we should be good to our dream characters.

Thou the dream was very vivid (Ive found my premonition dreams usually are) I wasnt lucid at the time so my waking consciousness wasnt there (but that didnt stop this like nightmare). So I dont think it says much about my character it was just a very aweful dream which played out and was disturbing some.

I read about people killing them or just being mean to them for no reason...I often wonder why people do this.Murder and cruelty is such a big thing in the real world,why would anyone want to carry this over into the dreamworld where things can be so wonderful and peaceful?? I never really understand that.I believe that there are consequences when we misbehave in the dreamworld after a while..what do you think?

I dont see most DCs in LDs as being at all real but only part of my subconciousnesses (thou I know there are exceptions to that!!! my daughter and I had a mutual dream with each other in it one time so I know they arent ALL just my subconciousness, it was really her and her consciousnessness in my dream.. so yeah I do think one should take some care just in case but one usually knows what is just a DC and what may be something else). (If I'd done anything horrid to her in that dream, she would of expereinced it and remembered it)

To get rid of somethign which is just a DC in ones dream is no different to drawing something on a piece of paper then throwing it in the bin to be burnt or having the image of someone such as a photo and burning it. I personally dont get off of violence thou (dont know how some can) but as they are just my imagination.. I dont need to be polite to DCs or things like that... thou they appear very realistic at times.. I know what they are.

I guess someones consciousness entering anothers dream would work on the same principle of telepathy does.. thou what is known as the mental body. Thou that guy you say sounds like a premonition, your subconsciousness is outside of time so hence could pick up on the future. Same kind of thing as a remote viewer could do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

donald

Postby donald » 27 Feb 2013 15:28

I dont see most DCs in LDs as being at all real but only part of my subconciousnesses ... To get rid of somethign which is just a DC in ones dream is no different to drawing something on a piece of paper then throwing it in the bin to be burnt or having the image of someone such as a photo and burning it. I personally dont get off of violence thou (dont know how some can) but as they are just my imagination.. I dont need to be polite to DCs or things like that... thou they appear very realistic at times.. I know what they are.

I see what you are saying Tania and I agree that most DC's are probably creations of the subconscious or unconscious (or whatever term we want to use) but it is making me wonder whether this in itself might be a reason to treat them well. Bear with me, this is just an idea. What I am wondering is that if lucid dreaming gives us access to our unconscious mind, then in this respect it seems to be similar to hypnosis. Through hypnosis (in theory at least) we can influence the unconscious mind by planting the seed of an idea that will germinate and grow into a conscious effect (much like in the movie Inception ) e.g inserting the idea/will to give up smoking etc. If we accept that DC's our part of our unconscious mind, couldn't the maltreatment of them lead to negative psychological effects? Perhaps some kind of psychological self harm? I don't have any evidence for this it is just something that I am now wondering. What do you think?

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 27 Feb 2013 16:53

Donald....I started a thread about seeing dream characters in real life.It's in the "Dream Characters" section titled "Has anyone ever seen unfamiliar DCs in real life?"
Hopefully we can get some responses and shared experiences,that would be great.It's such an interesting topic...I wonder if it's a common thing or just something that few people ever experience...????....will be interesting to find out.Just posted it today,so we'll see how it goes :D

donald

Postby donald » 27 Feb 2013 17:00

Nice one dreamworld. I'll check it out. This should be interesting. Thanks for letting me know.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Feb 2013 07:58

donald wrote:
I dont see most DCs in LDs as being at all real but only part of my subconciousnesses ... To get rid of somethign which is just a DC in ones dream is no different to drawing something on a piece of paper then throwing it in the bin to be burnt or having the image of someone such as a photo and burning it. I personally dont get off of violence thou (dont know how some can) but as they are just my imagination.. I dont need to be polite to DCs or things like that... thou they appear very realistic at times.. I know what they are.

I see what you are saying Tania and I agree that most DC's are probably creations of the subconscious or unconscious (or whatever term we want to use) but it is making me wonder whether this in itself might be a reason to treat them well. Bear with me, this is just an idea. What I am wondering is that if lucid dreaming gives us access to our unconscious mind, then in this respect it seems to be similar to hypnosis. Through hypnosis (in theory at least) we can influence the unconscious mind by planting the seed of an idea that will germinate and grow into a conscious effect (much like in the movie Inception ) e.g inserting the idea/will to give up smoking etc. If we accept that DC's our part of our unconscious mind, couldn't the maltreatment of them lead to negative psychological effects? Perhaps some kind of psychological self harm? I don't have any evidence for this it is just something that I am now wondering. What do you think?

wow what a deep question. I wouldnt like to even attempt to answer that as I truely dont have any idea if those who are going around killing their DCs off may be damaging their psychological selves (thou it wouldnt surprise me if it would act like programming oneself for violence and possibly making violence which is come across in RL less impacting emotionally).

I think it would be like those who watch too many violent movies may be affected but maybe? could be worst then that as its the person doing it themselves. (eg my nephew watched a cartoon in which a cartoon character got killed with a gun.. then he went around cocking his finger telling people he was going to shoot them dead and also hitting people with sticks. My sister had to stop allowing him to watch such things on TV).

Your questions are probably really worth thinking deeply over.

I know one can do healing throu dreams which can impact on one psychological in waking life... so I guess it may make some sense if the opposite was true and harm could be done thou acting out violence in LDs. (thou maybe for some it could be healing if they were carrying a lot of pent up anger towards someone..and could allow them to let the anger go).

Who knows.. i wouldnt guess on it.

This is something which actually could be studied. Recruit those who are interested in LD but havent done it yet (just about to try to learn it) but wouldnt mind killing DCs and could do that for several months once they succede in LDing, to do some kind of questionaire which measures their aggression levels. Once they regularly having LDs at least a couple of times per week for at least a few months of killing DCs (probably longer would be better).. redo the questionaire for their aggression levels. (such a study would take a heap of recruits cause a lot would never successfully learn to regularly LD but it would be quite interesting the results).

Would the result be..Was it helpful to get their aggression out in such a way? or was it harmful? or did it not matter at all? (I wouldnt try to attempt to do such a study incase there was karmic consequences if it turned out "some" of those DCs were really other peoples consciousnesses.. you could then be giving people nightmares or worst). By worst I mean maybe the one you just chased with a sword to kill was the consciousness of someone who was old with a very weak heart!!
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Mar 2013 02:41

Have you ever heard the saying, "they aren't truly gone as long as you remember them."?

I think dreams are just that. Nothing to do with communicating with the deceased, but remembering them with the full vividness of a lucid dream. Our imagination is remarkable.

My father died over ten years ago, and I sometimes meet him in dreams. I have even on occasion just hugged him and left, knowing it was just a vivid illusion, and said I am going to go lucid dream now. And carried on with a lucid dream as normal. Although it pains me to say it and I wish it weren't true, the dream is just an illusion and has nothing to do with communicating with beings between the realm of alive and dead.

(What IS alive and what IS dead is a whole new philosophical can of worms......) and why is there a can and why are there worms in it............ I question everything!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”