Tips to keep my mind awake?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
alissa

Tips to keep my mind awake?

Postby alissa » 23 Feb 2013 22:24

I've been trying to lucid dream for about the last month I guess, but never fully succeeding. I don't really have a particular method of doing it, but it's sort of a combo between MILD and WILD. So like when I'm falling asleep, I'll try to keep my mind awake and tell myself that I'm going to have a lucid dream, but I always fall asleep. What can I do to keep my mind awake and achieve a WILD? Also, when is the optimum time to WILD? I've only tried when I'm first falling asleep.
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

lucidinthe sky

Re: Tips to keep my mind awake?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Feb 2013 23:07

alissa wrote:I've been trying to lucid dream for about the last month I guess, but never fully succeeding. I don't really have a particular method of doing it, but it's sort of a combo between MILD and WILD. So like when I'm falling asleep, I'll try to keep my mind awake and tell myself that I'm going to have a lucid dream, but I always fall asleep. What can I do to keep my mind awake and achieve a WILD? Also, when is the optimum time to WILD? I've only tried when I'm first falling asleep.

It's almost impossible to WILD when you first go to sleep, try it again in the morning after around 5 hours of sleep. Waiting till after 7 hours of sleep doesn't work well either (in my experience). Between 5 and 7 hours is best. You just have to keep trying, even after you do it, you still have to keep up a lot of effort to succeed. But it's worth it. It takes most people 3-6 months to have their first so be patient.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Re: Tips to keep my mind awake?

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 05:04

Thou it may take "some" months to achieve.. it does not take others months so best not to go and think that as you then put that thought into your subconciousness which will act as a block and can end up making someone have experiences later then sooner. Remember its your subconciousness you are working with here (interaction between waking consciousness and subconsicousness) so what thoughts your are carrying are extremely important. That being said, thinking that this stuff is going to be hard, is bound to make it harder. Make sure your thoughts arent setting yourself up to make this harder then it otherwise could be.

Its just a matter of working out what techniques work best for YOU... for some this may take time. So you always fall asleep, it just means that the way you are doing it now isnt right for you.

I think I read Rebecca say somewhere that it takes most 3-21? days to have a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”