Melatonin

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kaylium

Melatonin

Postby Kaylium » 13 Mar 2013 03:20

If I am 14 years old, is it safe to take 1 melatonin pill?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Melatonin

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 04:13

Yeah it should be, that stuff is very safe (I dont think it can even be ODed on) but I strongly suggest not to take it all the time or regularly (unless you have sleep issues in which you are needing it!!). Melatonin is actually a "hormone" your body also naturally makes and hence I personally dont think it would be good to get your body "used" to taking it regularly. So I suggest to only use it once or twice a week at the most to aid you LD attempts if you want to take something to aid them. (note it isnt addictive or anything like that but still I'd be concerned over your body adapting to it in some way thou there is nothing in science as far as I know that shows that..but yeah..its a hormone so better to be cautious).

Be aware that if you take anything which aids you in LD if you do use whatever a lot, a person can get into the habit of reliance on that thing to have LDs.. so best if you do use something and find it helps, make sure you dont end up thinking or feeling you need it to have a LD as subconsciously a person can created that situation for themselves.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 15 Mar 2013 05:49

Kaylium wrote:If I am 14 years old, is it safe to take 1 melatonin pill?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

I do not think so it is good idea you are just 14 year old and taking pill for this reason is not good decision, In future you can get addicted to it. So beware !

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 07:07

oliverclay wrote:I do not think so it is good idea you are just 14 year old and taking pill for this reason is not good decision, In future you can get addicted to it. So beware !

Oliver. Ive never come across that (and I read a lot of medical stuff). Can u give us the link to a good medical site where you read that?

Ive been on and off of Melatonin for years, I just take it whenever I need to.. my current dose is 3mg but I have taken it is very LARGE amounts..once got suicidal and tried to OD on a full bottle of it..that's why Im saying its quite safe.. as I didnt even get ANY symptoms at all from that extremely huge dose, in fact I experienced months of better health after that OD (its an antioxidant so it may of been due to that my health improved after the OD). That OD didnt even make me sleep hence I know I had nothing bad happen. Medical sites thou do say one can OD on it and in that situation it can cause headache, sleepiness and stomach upset (here in Australia Melatonin is a prescribed drug, we have some quite stupid drug regulations).

None of my doctors have NEVER told me that it is addictive. Due to the illness I have which has sleep reversal issues.. many of my friends with this are on it too and they arent aware of it being addictive either. So Ive wondering where you've read that it is and would love to see the link and if its a proper medical link?

thanks.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ebony Wolf

Postby Ebony Wolf » 22 Mar 2013 09:40

XD Yeah, it's perfectly safe. I started taking it when I was twelve, and nothing bad ever happened. It's simply a sleep aid.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
So..anyone else find new music annoying? I only like older songs. Dat Sinatra. <3

I LOVE YOU. Unless I don't. In which case I do? ..Was that confusing enough?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”