Fear Sparks It

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
enney

Fear Sparks It

Postby enney » 05 Apr 2013 03:04

I was wondering if this happens to anyone else. Most of my dreams I can't control what happens, but I am definitely aware when I am dreaming. However, I'm usually only aware when there is danger. For example, I think to myself "This is obviously a dream because there is no way this could happen in real life" and then I'm aware that I am dreaming but I don't do anything to stop the danger, I just keep living through the dream "just to see what happens". I haven't really found myself lucid in a dream that is just pleasant or unusual. Only ones where I am in like an accident, someone is shooting me, etc. Is this normal/weird/happening to anyone else?

DeltaV

Re: Fear Sparks It

Postby DeltaV » 05 Apr 2013 07:14

Well, I was frightened by something too before becoming lucid. Things that frighten you tend to stand out more, I guess.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 10:57

enney wrote:I was wondering if this happens to anyone else. Most of my dreams I can't control what happens, but I am definitely aware when I am dreaming. However, I'm usually only aware when there is danger. For example, I think to myself "This is obviously a dream because there is no way this could happen in real life" and then I'm aware that I am dreaming but I don't do anything to stop the danger, I just keep living through the dream "just to see what happens

how do you know that you cant control your LD if you are choosing to just keep living throu the dream just to see what happens? or did you try to actually control the dream and didnt just mean going along with the situation?

I suggest to say to yourself before going to sleep each night "I will choose to control my scary dreams".
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 12:17

enney wrote:I was wondering if this happens to anyone else. Most of my dreams I can't control what happens, but I am definitely aware when I am dreaming. However, I'm usually only aware when there is danger. For example, I think to myself "This is obviously a dream because there is no way this could happen in real life" and then I'm aware that I am dreaming but I don't do anything to stop the danger, I just keep living through the dream "just to see what happens". I haven't really found myself lucid in a dream that is just pleasant or unusual. Only ones where I am in like an accident, someone is shooting me, etc. Is this normal/weird/happening to anyone else?

Maybe its just your eyes which are lucid, but your body is control by your subconscious. If you can talk in your dream, so scream very lourd ''MORE LUCIDITY''.
good luck ;)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”