the dream world/reality world

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mia

the dream world/reality world

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 00:38

If the dream world when lucid is SO real, and is a projection/creation of yourself; does this make any of you think that so called 'reality' is also a projection from yourself?
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

tea

Re: the dream world/reality world

Postby tea » 07 Apr 2013 11:30

yes of course. everything you experience is subjective.

once this image came into my mind:
reality is just like a leaf in the ocean; a fixed point in motion.

i like the fact that asian religions talk about this and also science believes reality is just a manifestation of you as an observer.

i won't go into further detail in this thread, but check out: "tantra - the supreme understanding" by "osho"
in my opinon that's a nice start into this idea :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 14:18

Sometime. I said to myself ''are the people a projection of me???, is the enviroment realy real??? But thank reality check to show me which is the truth haha :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

mia

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 15:58

Tea; you are referring to quantum physics and the double slit experiment ( and of course the resulting implications for 'reality'). Yes; I have often read about that too, (and the Buddhist and Hindu ideas of reality as well), and I have wondered.
I have heard the name Osho; but have not read that yet; so will seek it out. I wrote it on my book list ( I try the library first, and if no luck, then I try to find it on Amazon).
I have heard that tantric ideas do include a yoga of sleep.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 10:29

mia wrote:If the dream world when lucid is SO real, and is a projection/creation of yourself; does this make any of you think that so called 'reality' is also a projection from yourself?

I personally believe that our so called reality is created from projections of ourselves... and hence this earth reality is a projection of all the souls currently incarnated on it. I personally believe due to things Ive experienced that we are capable of changing reality or even manifesting things into our lives (just like as we can do in dreams but it happens a bit slower).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 10 Apr 2013 14:16

taniaaust1 wrote:
mia wrote:If the dream world when lucid is SO real, and is a projection/creation of yourself; does this make any of you think that so called 'reality' is also a projection from yourself?

I personally believe that our so called reality is created from projections of ourselves... and hence this earth reality is a projection of all the souls currently incarnated on it. I personally believe due to things Ive experienced that we are capable of changing reality or even manifesting things into our lives (just like as we can do in dreams but it happens a bit slower).

I personally agree with that as well. I believe the dreaming world and physical world are basicly the same thing. And in both, we create our reality. In the dream world we see the effects of creating our reality through thoughts instantly, but in the physical world we still create our reality through our thoughts, it just dosnt happen instantly because it's limitied by the physical world. This is why I believe we are all truly responsible for our actions as well, and no one else. We create our reality, and together as a race we create a whole reality, which is why is the world has serious problems. Because we have serious problems. And to change the world we must change ourselves and lucid dreaming is a powerful tool to do this :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 10 Apr 2013 15:01

This is what I tend to feel also. I have also just read that one of the 6 paths to enlightenment for Tibetan Buddhists is 'dream yoga'. The experience of lucid dreaming cannot help but make you question 'reality'.
Quantum physics is also very fascinating in that it really shakes up our traditional views of 'reality'.
All of this is so exciting.
I think, unlike when I was so much younger and lucid dreaming, my interests are so much more now than just flying and having fun. Not that I don't still want to have some fun too though.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”