real world interfering with atten to dreamworld

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mia

real world interfering with atten to dreamworld

Postby mia » 07 Apr 2013 04:00

I have a job that is very active and mentally demanding. It leaves me little opportunity to attend to 'reality checks' or other suggested daytime activities that are meant to enhance the number of lucid dream occurrences. I also find that the alarm going off at 6:00 am for the work day, severely interferes with dream recall. (On the weekends, when I wake naturally, instead of to an alarm, my recall is excellent. Also, when I have a more relaxed day, rather than a work day, my chances of lucidity are much likelier).

I'm wondering how others manage the demands of work lives and the desire to attend to your lucid dream 'training'.

(Although, as an aside, and a point of interest, once during a dream, the alarm went off in real life, and it appeared in my dream as a splash of red across the dreamscape; like red paint. As I awoke the color became the sound. Hard to explain. )
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

neverlandjulia

Re: real world interfering with atten to dreamworld

Postby neverlandjulia » 07 Apr 2013 11:25

well, I have the alarms set up through the day, every hour, to keep reminding me about RT. they last only around 30 sec. and in the morning I have alarm set around 15 minutes earlier than needed so I could relax and recall. my problem is what to do when I wake up several times at night; do I write up my dreams or practise MILD? because I'm a newbie and usually while practising MILD I just fall asleep and forget my previous dreams...

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 07 Apr 2013 11:46

neverlandjulia wrote:well, I have the alarms set up through the day, every hour, to keep reminding me about RT. they last only around 30 sec. and in the morning I have alarm set around 15 minutes earlier than needed so I could relax and recall. my problem is what to do when I wake up several times at night; do I write up my dreams or practise MILD? because I'm a newbie and usually while practising MILD I just fall asleep and forget my previous dreams...

If I were you, I would prioritize dream recall over practicing MILD. There is no point in trying to induce a LD if you forget the darn thing. Once your dream recall is good enough, you should practice MILD or other techniques.

I do a LOT of RC's, though it depends on the situation; being concentrated on homework means less reality checks. I just take a short pause for a few seconds, check my hands for unnatural deformations, attempt to stick my finger through my hand, try to remember who I am, what I am doing and where I am. I also attempt to WILD every afternoon, I feel I am getting better at it.
As for the desire, I really want to LD. A large portion of my daily thoughts are about dreaming and what I could do in them. Not getting a LD in a night doesn't really matter to me, the dreams themselves are amusng enough.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Apr 2013 14:11

Well me; i dont work yet, im in high school and i have a lot of time. Everytime when my watch ring, i do a reality check, it is a digital one not a classique :mrgreen: . When i wake up, i write very fast my dream in an old text book, and after i rewrite it in my journal dream. I use the WBTB for the weekend, sometime in the week also.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 10:35

mia wrote:I have a job that is very active and mentally demanding. It leaves me little opportunity to attend to 'reality checks' or other suggested daytime activities that are meant to enhance the number of lucid dream occurrences.

I occassionally do reality checks while in the loo. You can also try to do non obvious kind of reality checking while at work.. eg look at a clock on a wall and see if there is anything weird going on about it, got a page of writing before you.. study it looking for weirdness etc.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”