Dream Recall

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kaylium

Dream Recall

Postby Kaylium » 15 Apr 2013 19:49

Is it ok if you just write down the main points of your dream, or do you have to sit down and write down every detail? (I'm asking b/c I usually remember long, detailed dreams, but I have school pretty early, so I just don't have time to write 'em down.) Thanks :D

LucidLink

Re: Dream Recall

Postby LucidLink » 15 Apr 2013 19:52

It's best to do both. Quickly when you wake up, write all the details you need. Then bring your dream journal to school and whenever you have time write a long detailed version of the dream down, with a title. But use the quick details you wrote right when you woke up to help you.
Trust me it's worth it ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Apr 2013 00:05

Having a dream journal can be labor-intensive at times and if you don't feel like it, just simply don't do it.

But I always write down key words on a piece of paper beside my bed and notes in point-form just to help me remember. There is always time for that at least. And I'm surprised how only 5 words can become an entire page when I actually sit down later and type it all out in detail. I am also surprised when I don't do this I find it very hard to remember much at all. Dream journal habits do help dream recall, I think we can all agree on that.

But, if you are asking if having a detailed dream journal is a necessary step for lucid dreaming, then no. I have had LD's in the past before I ever started a dream journal. I like to have a dream journal for the fun of it, and if it becomes 'work' it is no longer fun. Recalling dreams happens in the 10-15 minutes or so after sleep and it all takes place in your head. No need to write it down unless you feel it is important or if you are in the habit of it.

Dream recall happens in the mind, not on paper or word-processing programs. They only help fill in the details and leave a record for your own future posterity for yourself. (which is a good reason and why I like it)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

mia

Postby mia » 16 Apr 2013 02:44

I keep a large yellow legal note pad by my bed, with a pen clipped to it. When I wake up from a dream; I keep my eyes closed and reach down, pick up the pad, and scribble some notes ( eyes closed; lights still off), then put the pad back on the floor and go back to sleep. I awake several times in the night, and on average record 3 dreams a night; the final dream always seems to be more detailed. Then after my work day, in the evening; I rewrite the dreams into my dream journal. I figure the focusing with the rewriting is a good thing.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Apr 2013 08:53

If you have no issues at all remembering long detailed dreams.. you probably dont need that journal much anyway thou it still can be helpful to help signal to your subconsciousness that your dreams are important to you.. (its good if the subconsciousness dream self starts working with you as that can help to trigger a LD.. some even have a DC make them aware they are dreaming).

I suggest for you to just jot down the main points your dreams seeing you remember them well anyway. No need to be doing anything which causes you issues or you dont like.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 17 Apr 2013 12:40

Me personnaly, i write all detail of the dream, even my emotion.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”