dream awarness

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
neverlandjulia

dream awarness

Postby neverlandjulia » 18 Apr 2013 09:47

It seems like I have a problem with reality checks. I perform them daily around 20 times a day, I look at my hands, time, reflection in the mirror, I try to push my hand through some solid object and I generally speaking ask myself if I'm dreaming and if there's anything weird in the situation I'm in. But it doesn't seem to work, because I never remember to perform them in my dream and that is probably because my dreams are very normal, I almost never dream about any fantastic creatures, never see anything obviously weird, it's always the context of the situation that is slightly unusual, but not that much. For example yesterday I wad dreaming about hanging out in a bar I've never been in before with people I knew from high school. They weren't my best friends to hang out with, but it could totally happen in real life. How I am supposed to recognise when I'm dreaming if I keep dreaming about regular stuff?

Highlander

Re: dream awarness

Postby Highlander » 18 Apr 2013 11:09

For me, doing reality checks in waking life does not work well for me. I become lucid not for doing this, but for other reasons. Sometimes i just become lucid, i don't know why. I just do.
Other times i become lucid by realizing a recurrent situation. For me, when i'm dreaming being around people and they disappear suddenly, or when i'm in an elevator and it passes my floor... i become lucid.
I guess, for you to become lucid it will have to be by recognizing something unusual in the dream.
Or: think about what situation do you dream more. And when you dream of it again, think about dreaming.
I guess. Maybe more experient people can help you more.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 18 Apr 2013 12:49

neverlandjulia wrote:It seems like I have a problem with reality checks. I perform them daily around 20 times a day, I look at my hands, time, reflection in the mirror, I try to push my hand through some solid object and I generally speaking ask myself if I'm dreaming and if there's anything weird in the situation I'm in. But it doesn't seem to work, because I never remember to perform them in my dream and that is probably because my dreams are very normal, I almost never dream about any fantastic creatures, never see anything obviously weird, it's always the context of the situation that is slightly unusual, but not that much. For example yesterday I wad dreaming about hanging out in a bar I've never been in before with people I knew from high school. They weren't my best friends to hang out with, but it could totally happen in real life. How I am supposed to recognise when I'm dreaming if I keep dreaming about regular stuff?

Maybe try the MILD method.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2013 13:33

Are you doing your reality checks randomly? or are you doing them in real life to something you quite often have appearing in a dream? If you are just doing them randomly.. that may be the problem for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 18 Apr 2013 13:41

Learning to lucid dream goes way beyond reality checks.

What you should start doing, is seriously examining life.
I mean, when you question if you are dreaming, take that seriously. Take it very seriously. You know your not dreaming, and that's what messes alot of people up. You know your not dreaming so you don't ask yourself if your dreaming serious enough.

If you seriously ask yourself "am I dreaming?" And then PROVE to yourself that your not with a reality check, you WILL start doing it too in your dreams. Don't even look for situations that may seem weird. Just seriously contemplate "am I dreaming"

Then after making that a habit in waking life, it will become a habit in dream life. The only thing is in dream life, you'll still think your awake and this is any old reality check to just prove your awake, except BAM your actually not awake and the reality check just proved it!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”