"Homescape" had anyone else experienced this?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Intrepid

"Homescape" had anyone else experienced this?

Postby Intrepid » 19 Apr 2013 00:29

The past few years, I've noticed that my mind has created a massive, connected dreamscape of my home town. I began to realize it when reading over my dream journals and dream recall. It's a very strange but amazing realization to discover that I've existed in the same, connected, massive dreamscape hundreds of times. I could literally tell you how to navigate through my "homescape" from one corner to the other. Funnily enough, the places I've visited the least in my town in waking life are the most abstract and furthest from reality. Of course, it's all a representation of the real places and next to nothing is as it is in reality, but its almost always the same in my dreams.
I've now visited my "homescape" in multiple lucid dreams and marveled at the peculiar and amazing representation of my real town. I've also set goals for myself (if I can remember during lucidity) to visit certain places and remember specific details.
Has anyone else experienced this? Have you been doing dream recall and said to yourself "whoa, wait a minute, I remember that road and the bridge that crosses the river...I was on the other side of the bridge today looking back..." For instance...
Hopefully this made sense :)
I'd love to hear about it if you can relate!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Re: "Homescape" had anyone else experienced this?

Postby Peter » 19 Apr 2013 02:35

I have a few places that I go back to including one house that I know so well one day I will build if for real
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 19 Apr 2013 22:13

I have experienced this many times. This has strengthened my belief that we dream in a single dimension which I like to call the Dreamverse
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Apr 2013 02:09

I seem to have such a lot of different places (houses) and places I interact with in my dreams that Im still trying to seek out a connection such as what you've found. Many of the real life places in my dreams, are just like they are in real life. In my dreams thou, i find myself living in a lot of different houses..ones I dont recognise (thou sometimes my real life ones come into dreams too).

Thanks for your post... ive always thought along those lines that one could create a town one frequently visits in dreams and navigate that town.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 23 Apr 2013 00:21, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 21 Apr 2013 00:34

taniaaust1 wrote:I seem to have such a lot of different places (houses) and places I interact with in my dreams that Im still trying to seek out a correction such as what you've found. Many of the real life places in my dreams, are just like they are in real life. In my dreams thou, i find myself living in a lot of different houses..ones I dont recognise (thou sometimes my real life ones come into dreams too).

Thanks for your post... ive always thought along those lines that one could create a town one frequently visits in dreams and navigate that town.

It's so amazing to see a familiar and yet so bizarre landscape. A block from my house there is a restaraunt tucked between two houses. I've entered it several times and used it as a shortcut to a different part of the city. Couldn't tell you why in the world it's that way in my homescape but its so interesting!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Apr 2013 01:04

I find that the further away I get from my lucid dream house, the more unfamiliar it gets. I have made some attempts to create a dream workshop for self-integration with partial success.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Apr 2013 04:41

I've never had a re-occurring dream town before. Sometimes in a dream I feel like I have been there before, or especially if it is another dream in the same night, I may go back to the same place which is bigger than just a room, but a full town. But after a day, and a new dream, I've never been back.

The closest thing to reality in my lucid dreams is my own bedroom. Even the house changes the further I get from my bed or 'origin point'. My house tends to become an amalgamation of all the houses I've ever lived in and dreams have a way of weaving it together seamlessly. But once I step out the door to the 'outdoors' or 'unknown', it's never the same twice. (I did move around a lot and never had a home town. I wonder if that is significant....)

taniaaust1 wrote:ive always thought along those lines that one could create a town one frequently visits in dreams and navigate that town.

I imagined this too over a year ago, but stopped thinking it is possible, or just too hard. But I bet it can be done. And what I would create is a different building for each mood I was in for when I was lucid. A restaurant for self indulgence, an archive of photo albums and home-videos to get in touch with my past memories, a temple (or something of the like) to visit a spiritual dream character, and of course a brothel for more self indulgence. (I am a human male and I have to be honest! :oops: ) But when I enter each building it should put me in the right mind set for what it was I was looking for and make it easier to accomplish lucid dream goals once inside.

Actually our minds are a lot like an edifice. (Which can mean an imposing building or a complex system of beliefs.) Perhaps dream towns are manifestations of our own psyche. 8-) (OR NOT! Just thought that was deep!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

mia

Postby mia » 21 Apr 2013 19:05

I frequently visit the same 'dreamscapes'; often lucidity is triggered because I recognize the dreamscape from previous dreams. I can picture 'the way' to navigate through ; yes. There are streets and fields etc. ; I know the way.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 00:26

HAGART.. maybe we have a lot of change or something going on in our lives (and hence even our houses are never the same). My life is so chaotic

:lol: a brothel
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 23 Apr 2013 22:42

Does anyone else frequently travel across any bridges? If so, are they the same bridges each time? I travel across several in my homescape and they're very ominous and unnecessarily steep. Sometimes they're so extreme that I wake up out of fear.
I don't particularly fear bridges, but I do live near one that was brought down during a storm by a freighter and a bunch of people drove off into the water and drowned.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”