Dead family in lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DreamyDazzler

Dead family in lucid dreams

Postby DreamyDazzler » 22 Apr 2013 20:08

The last two nights i have achieved a degree of lucidity i have seen my mother who died in 2011. This got me thinking, was i putting her there because sub consciously i was thinking about her or is it possible her ' spirit' is trying to speak to me through dreams? perhaps she doesn't know she's dead? i hugged her in my last lucid dream and told her she is dead. anyone believe it's possible that dead people can speak to us through dreams or is it all self generated?

Highlander

Re: Dead family in lucid dreams

Postby Highlander » 22 Apr 2013 20:24

I don't know the answer to that. Interesting question.
I had a dream of my uncle about 2 years after he died. I was surprised to see him, but i knew he was dead and i asked him how he was doing and how's things "up there". He said he was fine and it was good where he was.
It was short but nice.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 22 Apr 2013 20:48

Personally, I believe it is completely possible, not only that though many people have communicated with dead loved ones in dreams and received information they didnt know from them, which makes it seem as if they where indeed real.

Now also, we could just be creating a DC that looks a dead loved one, but certain special times it is the true decased loved one, ive read about it in a couple books, i believe its completely possible!i

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Apr 2013 22:47

It's possible. Ive had experiences in which I've experienced deceased loved ones before. Interestingly my grandfather just after he died from cancer, shortly after his death both my sister and I, both had him appear to us (we didnt trigger off the other thinking he was going to appear as we didnt know the other had seen him too till we spoke about it) but neither of us saw our other grandparents after they died just him (I was actually thou closer to my grandmother.. so it appears this appearing thing has much to do with the spirit involved).

My favourite uncle who died suddenly in a tragic bike accident.. I dont know why but he appeared to me about 10 years after he died. He was in my bedroom and we had a good chat while he was sitting on my bed and I was in bed (he asked how various members of family were doing). It was like he'd only just managed to get here after all those years. Ive since read that those who die suddenly and tragically, their spirits can take time to heal from that event and accept their death etc .. this is a long shot but maybe that is why it took him 10 years before he came back.

Both of these were aware they were dead.

Of cause it is possible too you created your loved one in your dream.. you'll need to work out for yourself which it probably was.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamyDazzler

Postby DreamyDazzler » 24 Apr 2013 06:29

LucidLink wrote:Personally, I believe it is completely possible, not only that though many people have communicated with dead loved ones in dreams and received information they didnt know from them, which makes it seem as if they where indeed real.

Now also, we could just be creating a DC that looks a dead loved one, but certain special times it is the true decased loved one, ive read about it in a couple books, i believe its completely possible!i

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I also would love to believe it is possible. If people have said they have received information they couldn't have known from dead loved ones in dreams that would be quite amazing. I wish there was some way to prove this occurring because it would give a definitive answer to the life after death question.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Apr 2013 10:20

I don't think it's possible because to me it is obvious that consciousness is an epiphenomenal byproduct of brain function.

I will, however, share an intriguing journey that took place after my stepfather's death and at the early stages of my lucid dreaming practice. The experiential evidence I will relate here when I've got more time is, I think you'll find, quite compelling for the possibility of an afterlife. One would be excused for leaving the doors open...

Stay tuned!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”