Annoying dream companion

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
artic65

Annoying dream companion

Postby artic65 » 23 Apr 2013 02:53

A few nights ago I had a dream where chucky was chasing me throughout my school. (I suspect because of the chucky movie I watched recently). I would wake up, relieved to be free, but when I went back to sleep the dream resumed.I didnt know how to stop that happening and just ended up going back to sleep into another nightmare. After a few chapters of this,while I was locking myself up in a bathroom stall to protect myself, I finally realized with relief that I was dreaming. While everything jolted into awareness, I decided to do a reality check. I pushed two fingers of my right hand through my left, confident they would go through. To my extreme surprise, the reality check failed! While I had no doubt that it was still a dream, I was confused as to why this was. I continued to try to push my hand through the wall, but that failed too.(these are the reality checks recomended by rebecca). But chucky had only been distracted briefly and now he came back. Pushing the reality check out of my mind, I wanted chucky out of here. I tried to say "chucky, go away", but all that came out was an unintelligible meh mmnnm, as if my mouth had fallen asleep. Chucky laughed and said, "do you think thats going to defeat me?" I tried to say clarity now,but again only the meh mmmmhmn was heard. I tried all sorts of things, I flew, but when I landed he was still there, I tried distracting him, but that was only temporary. I finally decided this wasnt going to be very nice if chucky was following me around at all times so I woke up. And just to be sure, I wasnt scared of chucky, he didnt have a knife or anything, he just followed me around and it was creepy. (im a 12 year old and certainly dont like chucky following me around) Can someone explain:
A: The failed reality check,
B: My sleeping mouth,
D:why i couldnt get rid of chucky
E: Why did the nightmare go on after I woke up and went back to sleep?
(The awakenings might have been false awakening, and that would explain it all, but still.
Please help! thanks in advance.

Peter

Re: Annoying dream companion

Postby Peter » 23 Apr 2013 04:25

As best I can as follows, others will be able to add to this.

A: The failed reality check,
they often do and it can take some effort to make the work. You need strong intent to suceed
B: My sleeping mouth,
If words dont work then think the words and imagine them going to whatever you want to talk to, make the the thoughts very strong and firm
D:why i couldn't get rid of chucky

Again not enough intent and belief, be very strong and firm and believe what you say or think as firmly as you can
E: Why did the nightmare go on after I woke up and went back to sleep?
Common, you were thinking about it and returned to the same dream
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 08:19

Sounds like you need to lay off of watching chucky :lol: (that scared me silly too when I was a child).

If you cant speak..as the other said.. imagine you have a super power of telepathy and can speak mind to mind and scream loudly into chuckys brain, enough for it to hurt his head "Go AWAY!"

if that dont work.. try going after him.

Running away from any DC chasing you, is very unlikely to get rid of them and only encourages the subconsciousness to keep that situation up. You need to very strongly confront them in some way.

Another thing you can try to do is to change chucky into something else. I once had a scary demon in a dream who I was stuck in a row boat with.. I ended up getting rid of it by changing him to a little boy. ..thou he was scary, I shut my eyes and focused on him changing just with thinking "I want him to be a little boy". Interestingly that still worked even thou I was really scared, my belief and knowing that dreams can be controlled and it was my dream.. made him change.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

artic65

Postby artic65 » 23 Apr 2013 21:14

Thanks. Ill keep in mind about the chucky movies too :lol: . But waking back to the dream was probably good because It increased the chances of a lucid dream. And I also want to ask something else. When I realized I was dreaming, It felt as if though I had been waiting for that and came with a strange sense of relief. Is that common?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Apr 2013 02:09

artic65 wrote: When I realized I was dreaming, It felt as if though I had been waiting for that and came with a strange sense of relief. Is that common?

It was just your normal waking emotional response coming in.. quite normal if you are consciously awake.. your emotions will just be as normal. Waking thoughts create emotions.. subconscious thoughts create emotions too (eg some may get scared of something and not even know why).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”