Is this Sleep Paralysis?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nocturnal

Is this Sleep Paralysis?

Postby Nocturnal » 28 Apr 2011 01:11

Sometimes, usually after a dream, I suddenly awake to find my arm (or another limb) very numb, as if it "fell asleep" (excuse the pun!). Is this because I am suddenly coming out of Sleep Paralysis?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, love this website, I am very optimistic about its future =]

Also, will you be adding section to this forum (similar to LD4all?)

caine thornley

Re: Is this Sleep Paralysis?

Postby caine thornley » 01 May 2011 23:18

:D hi, as far as i know this is not sleep paralasis as you have to time it right to get sleep paralasis because of your rem cycle, you probably enterd your n/rem (non rem) which allows your body to toss and turn while you arn't dreaming and cut off the blood supply shortly before you woke. :lol:

Dreamsphere

Re: Is this Sleep Paralysis?

Postby Dreamsphere » 15 May 2011 17:41

Yeah, like "Pins and Needles" thats what we call it here. I've woken up with half of my torso and arm all frozen before. It's a blood circulation thing.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”