slightly disappointed, but I have questions..

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ConnorAJSneddon

slightly disappointed, but I have questions..

Postby ConnorAJSneddon » 11 May 2013 21:39

Hello everyone,

So I have had a number of lucid dreams roughly 8 which never last more than 15 seconds usually less.

A few things have been bothering me, it would be greatly appreciated if you could answer all of them :)!!

1. When ever I do become lucid it for the short time I do it always seems to be rather dark and gloomy, unwelcoming. I wouldn't say I'm scared of it I just don't really want to be there but at the same time I do in fact I would say I get a little bit scared. I really do not know why I'm getting put in the places for the short time that I am, I fear it a little bit because when I do become lucid I know this is where I'm going to be and its not a nice place to be, anyone had this? How did you get rid of it? Should I be scared?

2. I done WILD the other night after awakening from a very short lucid dream. I just descovered I had been dreaming woke up to which I am unsure where to my dream bed or my walking bed, I'm quite a regular with false awakenings usually only when lucidity is involved though but anyway whilst waking up in my bed (unkown which) I preformed WILD without thinking. I have noticed that I'm quite a natural with WILD I near enough skip the images on some occasions but I get a extreme vibrations throughout my body and if I do not protest the vibrations in any way I feel myself drifting into a dream well I think. I have protested them everytime apart from the other night where I needed to swollow whilst the vibrations occurred but I refussed to swollow and the vibrations got even more aggressive and I slipped into a LD which lasted seconds as I got a bit scared of the landscape (which was dark, gloomy and uninviting). All I want to know is the vibrations normal?

3. This one isn't complicated at all. All I want to know for this one is.. How the hell do I control the dream onced I become lucid?! I find it the hardest most frustrating thing ever. Its litteraly impossible for me to do...

If you wouldn't mind answering them all please as usually some of my questions get answered and some don't, many thanks in advance.

Connor.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Keep getting so close and giving up :(!!

DeltaV

Re: slightly disappointed, but I have questions..

Postby DeltaV » 12 May 2013 12:42

ConnorAJSneddon wrote:1. When ever I do become lucid it for the short time I do it always seems to be rather dark and gloomy, unwelcoming. I wouldn't say I'm scared of it I just don't really want to be there but at the same time I do in fact I would say I get a little bit scared. I really do not know why I'm getting put in the places for the short time that I am, I fear it a little bit because when I do become lucid I know this is where I'm going to be and its not a nice place to be, anyone had this? How did you get rid of it? Should I be scared?
I have a theory for this. When you get scared, you become more alert. Awareness is key to having lucid dreams, and a frightful dream is more likely to get you lucid. That's probably why you end up getting lucid in dark and generally unhospitable dreams.

2. I done WILD the other night after awakening from a very short lucid dream. I just descovered I had been dreaming woke up to which I am unsure where to my dream bed or my walking bed, I'm quite a regular with false awakenings usually only when lucidity is involved though but anyway whilst waking up in my bed (unkown which) I preformed WILD without thinking. I have noticed that I'm quite a natural with WILD I near enough skip the images on some occasions but I get a extreme vibrations throughout my body and if I do not protest the vibrations in any way I feel myself drifting into a dream well I think. I have protested them everytime apart from the other night where I needed to swollow whilst the vibrations occurred but I refussed to swollow and the vibrations got even more aggressive and I slipped into a LD which lasted seconds as I got a bit scared of the landscape (which was dark, gloomy and uninviting). All I want to know is the vibrations normal?
The vibrations are illusions, and part of the process of falling asleep. Don't worry 'bout it, they won't bite you!

3. This one isn't complicated at all. All I want to know for this one is.. How the hell do I control the dream onced I become lucid?! I find it the hardest most frustrating thing ever. Its litteraly impossible for me to do...
It all depends on what kind of control you are speaking of. What did you try to control in your dreams? The entire dream, small bits of it?

If you wouldn't mind answering them all please as usually some of my questions get answered and some don't, many thanks in advance.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

ConnorAJSneddon

Postby ConnorAJSneddon » 12 May 2013 16:01

Thanks for you're reply DeltaV.

No I mean everything is fine when I'm not lucid its when I become lucid that every becomes dark.

Thanks for the reply on the vibrations at least I know I got somewhere with it and actually went into a lucid dream even though it was only a couple of seconds.

Also I'm talking about "control" as in when I become lucid I feel as though I have no control over the dream at all, I'm trying to stay in the dream and not wake up, I'm unable to do this at all and wake up. Any tips on this, would help a lot to be honest!!

Thanks again :)!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 May 2013 20:01

[quote="ConnorAJSneddon"]Hello everyone,

So I have had a number of lucid dreams roughly 8 which never last more than 15 seconds usually less.

A few things have been bothering me, it would be greatly appreciated if you could answer all of them :)!!

1. When ever I do become lucid it for the short time I do it always seems to be rather dark and gloomy, unwelcoming. I wouldn't say I'm scared of it I just don't really want to be there but at the same time I do in fact I would say I get a little bit scared. I really do not know why I'm getting put in the places for the short time that I am, I fear it a little bit because when I do become lucid I know this is where I'm going to be and its not a nice place to be, anyone had this? How did you get rid of it? Should I be scared?

If you dont usually dream dark and gloomy dreams, you must yourself be creating this due to your own fears over lucid dreaming. Darkness is symbolism for things unknown and fears. As long as you fear that dark gloomy place, you may keep finding yourself there. There is no need to be scared of it. Remind yourself that its a dream and nothing there can hurt you.

The vibrations are a sign that the body is going to sleep. The astral body separates from the physical whenever we go to sleep and this is what you are feeling.. the astral body about to do that. Once it naturally separates.. you will find yourself either in a LD or an OBE. Vibrations are more common in the OBE field but quite common with LD too

It will come with time, some find this hard. Seeing you are only in the dream for a short time, that wouldnt give you much time to play around with your dream self and work out all it all works. For your dark and gloomy place.. when you find yourself there.. think of it changing into a happy place. You could also think about there being big lights there for you to turn on and then seek those out. (I like to turn on lights by just pointing at them and ordering them "ON" like magic).

With the short amount of time you find yourself LD, sounds like you need to look into dream stabilization techniques and then start experimenting with these till you know which work best for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ConnorAJSneddon

Postby ConnorAJSneddon » 12 May 2013 22:13

Thanks Taniaaust1 for you're detailed reply, you cleared near enough everything up there.

Only when it comes to the dark place whilst entering my lucid dream I mentioned the other night using WILD I though of my fantacy place that I want to go in one of my lucid dreams (when I learn how to operate them successfully of course) I have imagined this place quite a lot in day dreams so I have a very detailed idea of what it looks like exactly what the weather will be like and exactly where I will be standing, yet whilst I were going into the dream I imagined it perfectly because that's what you're supposed to do is it not? Imagine you're dream scene as you're entering the dream, yet nothing still got put in that dark place. Any ideas?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 May 2013 12:44

ConnorAJSneddon wrote:Thanks Taniaaust1 for you're detailed reply, you cleared near enough everything up there.

Only when it comes to the dark place whilst entering my lucid dream I mentioned the other night using WILD I though of my fantacy place that I want to go in one of my lucid dreams (when I learn how to operate them successfully of course) I have imagined this place quite a lot in day dreams so I have a very detailed idea of what it looks like exactly what the weather will be like and exactly where I will be standing, yet whilst I were going into the dream I imagined it perfectly because that's what you're supposed to do is it not? Imagine you're dream scene as you're entering the dream, yet nothing still got put in that dark place. Any ideas?

If the dark and scary place is still coming in throu you are trying to change it, it may be best then to go there and confront it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”