hard to move in LD/false awakening

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

hard to move in LD/false awakening

Postby dreamerinmiami » 13 May 2013 16:15

Have you ever had a LD/false awakening that it feels so hard to "get up" of the bed in the dream? It costs so much effort. Why does this happen?
What is your definition of reality?

Teraku

Re: hard to move in LD/false awakening

Postby Teraku » 13 May 2013 16:43

I guess it's just part of how being half-awake works. Your body is trying to move itself, but it can't, and the dream reflects on that. What I did in that situation was ask a dream character who happened to be there to help me out of the bed.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 May 2013 21:10

I think it has something to do with sleep paralysis or muscle atonia.

Although you can move in the dream, a part of your awareness is still telling you that you can't move your muscles. It can become a mental tug of war.

This has happened to me quite a few times, but as soon as I leave my room and get away from my 'body' I tend to snap free from that. I think it has something to do with focusing on other things instead of a 'sleeping body' which is a reminder that I should not be moving. Once it is out of sight, it is out of mind, and then I am free to roam.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 May 2013 06:45

I only usually get that at times when Im having an OBE but maybe things are different for you. Like HAGART if this has occurred for me, I find it thou easier to move once Ive moved away from my physical body.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 10 Jun 2013 21:50

thanks for your replies :) .. I will try that. I have also read that its because im trying to move physically instead of mentally in the dream world.
What is your definition of reality?

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 10 Jun 2013 22:56

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I looked at my hands and they were trippy looking, but I couldn't move, I felt heavy and my vision was very blurry, almost like the sun has went out 90% and a deep fog rolled in.

This usually happens to me whenever I realize im dreaming. At this point, I say to my self, "relax, if you get too excited your going to ruin it" and I also use a stability method, like spinning in a circle, or rubbing my hands together, it usually clears away the fog.
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 12 Jun 2013 07:58

dreamerinmiami wrote:Have you ever had a LD/false awakening that it feels so hard to "get up" of the bed in the dream? It costs so much effort. Why does this happen?

Try rolling out of your bed.

Works for me.
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”