Loss of control in my LD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lizashis

Loss of control in my LD

Postby lizashis » 14 May 2013 17:57

Ive only had a few LD's and the majority of them only lasted for a small amount of time such as a few seconds. The other night I had another LD but different from the others I couldn't seem to get control of what I wanted to do in the dream. By this I mean i know exactly what I wanted to do and I knew very well that I was in a LD yet nothing worked.

I cant remember almost any of this dream (considering I remembered even having a dream that night hours after I woke up) but I remember coming into the dream and either being on the ground or looking up (the angle I was looking hinted this). While I was staring up I may have felt the need to move but at that moment I ended up stabilizing the dream. The dream stabilizing looked as if everything i was looking at was the reflection on a lake and the ripples from one drop hitting it were calming down. After that point I can only remember being very aggravated. I was aggravated because no matter how hard i tried i could not do anything. In my dream state i could remember what I was supposed to be able to do in a LD, such as fly, but i could not do anything but walk straight forward. At one point I even did a reality check. I pulled on my fingers trying desperately to morph them but they didn't move. Which made that much worse was the fact the I very very well knew i was dreaming.

I was just looking for any answer on why i may not have been able to control my dream. TY
Dreaming can be used as an escape, my drug. or hell, my nightmares. Either way, reality has no chance.

DreamerMan99

Re: Loss of control in my LD

Postby DreamerMan99 » 15 May 2013 01:33

I think it has something to do with being a noob. I too suffered from this. I think our minds cannot comprehend it, and there is a part of us saying "Dafuq u doin this shit cant happen in real life lol sthap it" while we want to jump right in. My first 5 lucid dreams were pretty shitty too. Fuzzy, low quality like a bad youtube video, short, or I couldn't remember much. I had one where I couldn't control anything, so I just went to bed in a lucid dream. I've heard it helps to do a mantra thing with your dream goals so maybe they will move on with you into the dream realm. Just stick to doing a dream journal it helps with recall and such. It could be that your having an amazing LD but can't remember anything because of weak recall.
Good Luck!
Dream on.
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”