A WILD to remember. Waking over and over again

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Dala374

A WILD to remember. Waking over and over again

Postby Dala374 » 18 May 2013 22:13

Basically, I just want to know what happened here. Haha. I was kiiiiiind of confused :?

I had tried to attempt Wild, several times before. Nothing had quite worked for me, and I was convinced that I was going to give up on it and stick to easier methods. But for some reason, I decided to try it out one more time. This time, I decided to do one thing differently. This time I would let go. The previous times before, I had always tried to force myself to WILD. Now I realize you can't do it this way. You literally have to relax and enjoy the ride.

At about 2:45, maybe 3:00 p.m., I began to do the normal things required of WILD (relaxing, etc.)

I woke up (in a dream) in my dorm room, as if I'd never went to sleep. The beds had shifted around. Nothing really eventful happened. Just a short, obscure dream.

But then, I woke up again from the same position that I went to sleep in.

“A dream?” I thought. “Damn! It was a false awaken—“ I try to get up, but my body weighed a truckload. I was not able to immediately comprehend what was going on --why my body was so heavy. So I lay there for a few seconds. I struggle again, and barely manage to pull myself up. But, the position of my body does not change.

In other words, I sat up in bed, pillow to my head, hand underneath my cheek, blanket across my eye. It’s as if I were sleeping, while sitting up. I feel like there are a couple people around me (The silhouettes of the blankets trick my eyes). I thought I was in a lucid dream, so I get excited and try to blow everything away (just start over) but nothing happens. Alarmed, I try to wake up. But nothing happens.

Somehow, I woke up again, in the exact same position, lying down. Pillow to my head, hand underneath my cheek, blanket across my eye....It’s like I died, and someone had clicked the reset button. Panicking, I roll off the bed.

Then I wake up…still in the same position that I went to sleep in. My heart beat speeds up. I try to sit up again, but this time it’s even harder. My body position still does not change. It’s as if my whole body was paralyzed, yet I was still able to sit up.

And then it hits me. “Sleep paralysis”.

I’ve woken up in the middle of the night before during SP. My limbs were frozen solid, I could usually feel myself rooted in my body, if that makes any sense. But this just felt different, like I wasn’t a part of my body at all. This time it’s like I could move a whole nother surreal body outside of my physical body. Yet somehow the surreal body was bound or tied to my bed WITH my physical body.

I tried to stay calm. I hoped everything worked out, but my emotions got the best of me. I panicked, a very novice thing of me to do. I rolled sideways, doing whatever I could to wake up. And I did.

Again.
And Again.
And Again.

I lost track of exactly how many times I fell onto the floor and “woke up”.
One time I found myself just lying on the cold tiles screaming for help, hoping my roommate would get back soon. I thought that I would end up in some sort of coma.

Then, as if an invisible clock struck twelve, I was back in my body, my real room (It was about 3:50pm). As if none of it ever happened.

I want to stress that I was aware that I had a physical body in bed. I was aware that I went to sleep, but I just wasn't sure where I currently was.

taniaaust1

Re: A WILD to remember. Waking over and over again

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 May 2013 04:09

LOL.. that sounds like quite an experience and I can only guess how scary that one would of got.

I once went throu an episode of where I had 6-7 false awakenings in a row, things got rather unsettling as I got to the point where I didnt have a clue if I was in a FA or awake but then would wake up again and have to do my daily life stuff all over again.. only then to discover it was another FA, then another and another. (like stuck like the movie ground hog day). So I sympathise what your experience must of been like.

The previous times before, I had always tried to force myself to WILD. Now I realize you can't do it this way. You literally have to relax and enjoy the ride.

Yes that is correct. For WILD you should let yourself go (if you dont let yourself go you arent usually relaxing enough for WILD). Have your goal to WILD in mind but let go.

It’s as if I were sleeping, while sitting up. I feel like there are a couple people around me (The silhouettes of the blankets trick my eyes). I thought I was in a lucid dream, so I get excited and try to blow everything away (just start over) but nothing happens. Alarmed, I try to wake up. But nothing happens.

I think the above parts needs comment.

You tried to blow everything away but then paniced when that didnt work? Be aware that thou you can control things in LDs, sometimes what one tries it fails (your own subconsciousness is projecting stronger then your own waking consciousness on something), so you will have to try other things till you find something which works for you to change the situation.

Try not to panic just cause something doesnt work and you are finding you dont have the control you expected you would.

Then I wake up…still in the same position that I went to sleep in. My heart beat speeds up. I try to sit up again, but this time it’s even harder. My body position still does not change. It’s as if my whole body was paralyzed, yet I was still able to sit up.

And then it hits me. “Sleep paralysis”.

I’ve woken up in the middle of the night before during SP. My limbs were frozen solid, I could usually feel myself rooted in my body, if that makes any sense. But this just felt different, like I wasn’t a part of my body at all. This time it’s like I could move a whole nother surreal body outside of my physical body. Yet somehow the surreal body was bound or tied to my bed WITH my physical body.

At that point, I think you may of actually been having an out of body experience (OBE) and had become aware of your astral body.

Your whole expereince.. some of i may of been LD while some OBE or both of these going on some. Next time try not to panic.. you'd be better off staying calm and working to enjoy the experience :) then be going throu all that. Your fears turned what could of been fun into something I'd find horrifying.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Dala374

Re: A WILD to remember. Waking over and over again

Postby Dala374 » 20 May 2013 06:32

taniaaust1 wrote:\
You tried to blow everything away but then panicked when that didn't work? Be aware that thou you can control things in LDs, sometimes what one tries it fails (your own subconsciousness is projecting stronger then your own waking consciousness on something), so you will have to try other things till you find something which works for you to change the situation.

Try not to panic just cause something doesn't work and you are finding you don't have the control you expected you would.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. And I can't help but look back on the whole thing and find it interesting. It makes a cool story to tell friends I guess haha And if it was an OBE, it was my first so that's good too :P

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”