Questions for Rebecca

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sander

Re: Questions for Rebecca

Postby Sander » 28 Aug 2012 08:43

Guess i'll have to post my questions here, since i'm not getting much response on the topics that i create...

Ok firstly: some time ago, i woke up from a dream, fully remembering it, and seeing strange shapes appearing, changing shapes and dissappearing again. This must be hypnagogia i presume? I tried to stay calm and observe them, as i've read that this state could lead to a transition into a lucid dream. This was very hard to do, as i was having a very hard time keeping my eyes closed and my eyelids were shaking like crazy. I had to focus on keeping them closed, rather on the hypnagogia and i lost it. Can you explain what happened here?

Secondly: i would like some information about vitamin B6 usage to increase dream vividness. I bought some 250mg capsules and the pharmacist told me to ingest them during a meal. But i always haver dinner around 6:30 PM. Isn't it a little to early to be taking a capsule? What do you think is the best time to take one? And how about the amount? I took half of the capsule 2 times (so that would make 125mg) but that didn't increase dream vividness for me.. on the contrary, i didn't recall anything of my dreams. Should i take the full 250mg?

Third: A question about isochronic tones. I listened to the 5 minute sample of the lucid dreaming mp3 by Meditation Power you suggested on your blog. Is this it? Or is there a large variaty of sounds that follow in the 40 minute recording? It just sounds like water flowing. If there's nothing more to it, then i could just sit by my pond while meditating.

Lastly: When listening to the lucid dreaming mp3 included in your fast track, should i actively visualize what the narrator is saying or should i just sit back and listen to it?

Thanks.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Legion

Postby Legion » 30 Aug 2012 17:31

Hola,

So I've been having a problem of not having any lucid dreams after my very first one ( About a month or two back? ) , I have been using MILD's but they dont seem to work for me, which brings me to my question , When attempting a WILD , do i absolutely have to do it from a relaxed state , (Waking up at like 4?) , or can i do it at the times that i usually fall asleep?

Thanks

Sander

Postby Sander » 30 Aug 2012 17:37

just do a relaxation technique when you get into bed, then try the MILD technique.
Free Your Mind.

kiuytrd

Postby kiuytrd » 31 Aug 2012 06:39

Well here is something that is a bit embarassing but ill say it... Im a bit terrified of hearing things while in the hypnogogic state... I REALLY dont want to hear strange sounds... Im also afraid of hallucinating while in sleep paralasis... Im not sure WHY im afraid but i just am... What can i do to get over these fears? Im sure you might not know how to answer this and i understand. Im just looking for advice. :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Hmmmm what to do...

tophergdavis

Postby tophergdavis » 01 Sep 2012 21:10

I learned about lucid dreaming right around two months ago and have been solidly using many of the techniques taught on this website since day one, such as keeping a dream journal, multiple reality checks a day, at least one meditation a day with isochronic tones, and self hypnosis. I have tried the MILD, WILD, and the WBTB techniques, all of them fruitless. I even eat bananas, and cheese with a glass of milk and take a B-6 pill when i wake up for the WBTB technique. I'm not sure where to go from here. some people on the forums told me to slow down a bit and stop trying so hard, which I have done. Your 10 step e-course also did not get me any closer to the ever elusive LD.
I feel like I have tried everything possible short of spending money on the fast track, high quality isochronic tones or calea-Z (which is out of the question due to finances). Is there any advice you can give me. I feel very stuck and discouraged. :cry:

Nathan

Postby Nathan » 02 Sep 2012 11:14

Hey Rebecca,

I would first like to say that this website is excellent and extremely well - done. Secondly, I was wondering if it was possible to lucid dream everynight by asking your subconscious.

Thank you

Luna4277

Postby Luna4277 » 05 Sep 2012 03:14

Hi Rebecca,
I would like to know is it possible to dream that you are having a lucid dream? Around last week, i had a "lucid dream" but I put it in quotes because i couldn't tell it was a lucid dream. I figured in a lucid dream, you feel it like you would in real life (and i could be very wrong). In this dream, i could tell i was conscious because i could see myself rubbing my hands together to ground myself in the dream and making things appear in my hands out of thin air, but it wasn't like what i was expecting. So since a person can dream that they are performing astral projection without ever actually doing it, is it possible to dream that you are having a lucid dream (I don't mean to get all Inception-like)

MermaidMelodies

Postby MermaidMelodies » 11 Sep 2012 02:42

I'm the kind of person that goes into sleep paralysis naturally from time to time, and knowing that sleep paralysis can be a way into a lucid dream, I was wondering how to keep yourself in sleep paralysis until it eventually turns into a WILD lucid dream? My prediction of my problem is ending up an inconstant breathing pattern due to getting excited, because I only go into sleep paralysis about 1 or 2 times a week, but I'm not sure, should I also try to visualize better?
Lucid Dream Count: 0
Semi-Lucid Dream Count: 2
Recorded Dream Count: 20

kdariboy

Postby kdariboy » 12 Sep 2012 03:23

so i just heard of this "fild" (finger induced lucid dreaming) technique. ive tried it 2 days in a row without any success. people find it easy without practice. Any suggestions?
8 Time Lucid Dreamer, looking to be an every night lucid dreamer

Sander

Postby Sander » 12 Sep 2012 20:33

please elaborate... °_O
Free Your Mind.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”