Living in 3 realities at once?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nocturnal

Living in 3 realities at once?

Postby Nocturnal » 06 Nov 2011 01:22

I experience something pretty awesome this morning.

Usually, whenever I am recalling a dream to write in my DJ, I try to reenact the dream in my head and project the 'screen shots' and feelings of the dream.

This morning, I guess I must have had a FA, because I 'woke up' and began writing about a dream I just had. The strange thing was that I knew that I could not physically be writing in my DJ (some how), and I knew I was still asleep. Thus, I could feel my physical real body lying in bed, at the same time I felt as if I was writing in my DJ, and at the same time I was living in a dream I just had. Therefore, I felt as if I were physically living in 3 realities at the exact same time. It was a very cool feeling.

Unfortunately, I awoke after about 45 seconds (not sure what the real time was). Luckily, I recorded it in my DJ (in reality)

This ever happen to you? Is it possible to induce these to get sort of an Inception feel and live parallel realities?

jamjam

Re: Living in 3 realities at once?

Postby jamjam » 06 Nov 2011 02:36

You can create this feeling. In a LD try to clone yourself it's fun and you can be aware of both of these bodies. You can also become a object by entering it. It's hard to describe just try it :D

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Nov 2011 02:59

I am quite often aware of my breathing in a LD, it used to take me out of the dream but not so much now. So close to both worlds, in a dream and fully aware, able to recall exernal thougths and aware of my body and still dreaming. I cant explain it at all
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 06 Nov 2011 17:59

From what I can tell, you can definitely split into several entities and have some level of perception in each.

Maybe it's the engineer me, but I'm trying to keep it simple and figure out the rules that make this reality work a little at a time. I've learned tons so far but I know I'm just scratching the surface.

Personally I try to get as much awareness as possible in my one non-physical body so I can stay lucid and learn more about the space I'm in. Confusing myself with multiple simultaneous realities going on is too complicated for me to figure out at this point so I think I'll leave that trick to others for now.

See, the problem is- I can only get lucid about once a week, so I want to use that precious few minutes of lucidity as productively as possible.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Nov 2011 19:12

I dont try to get awareness in all realms but at times when say the dream is fading a little I will become aware of my breathing. Thats when I will do something, normally look at my hands and then poke one hand through another. This works for me to stablize the dream and then I can get on with whatever I am doing.
Fuzzy - I have been using supplements for a while (bt once a week to once a fortnight) and getting LD that can last between 1 and 1 1/2 hours.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 06 Nov 2011 22:24

jamjam wrote:You can create this feeling. In a LD try to clone yourself it's fun and you can be aware of both of these bodies. You can also become a object by entering it. It's hard to describe just try it :D

wow cloning myself in an LD? i must remember that one :D Occasionally when lucid, i have dimly sensed the surface of the bed I'm lying on in reality. Although i haven't experimented further, what if i could use my lucid self to control my actual body?
Dreaming is my drug

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 07 Nov 2011 13:18

Peter wrote: Fuzzy - I have been using supplements for a while (bt once a week to once a fortnight) and getting LD that can last between 1 and 1 1/2 hours.

Peter

Peter- Wow. I would love that. I have a tough time doing LD unless I'm in late REM cycles. SO I typically can't get lucid until 90 minutes or so before waking up. And wake up I must, since my cats demand to be fed! :cry:

I've tried Calea Z and found it resulted in very interesting dreams but no more lucidity for me. Maybe I need to keep at it?

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Nov 2011 19:10

I use a mix called "Lucid Dreamer" that is Galantanmine and Choline, 5 HTP and Choline Caps as follows,

2 5-HTP at bedtime

When I wake up about 3 or 4 hours later 2 Lucid Dreamer tablets and 2 Choline tablets. I dont take more that once a week and will go a few weeks without if I am tired and if I wake up and have had a restless sleep I will not take them.

Dream time has increased a lot and most dream entries are WILD - the first few times the entry was very intense with strong OBE at onset. These are not an answer and you need to be quite skilled as for any LD to hold the focus to remain in the dream.

Peter

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”