RC failed?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jenny Helen

RC failed?

Postby Jenny Helen » 08 Nov 2011 18:56

A very strange thing happened last night, and i was hoping anyone could offer some advice?
I had probably the most vivid dream i can remember. I remembered to do a reality check, but my hand didn't go through the other one, so i said to myself, "well, guess I'm awake then." and then i was picked up by a giant moving burger king-drive through, and didn't get any further on that front. Has this ever happened to you? Cause it was VERY annoying, seeing as it could have evolved to a lucid dream...
Splendidly Strange~

Peter

Re: RC failed?

Postby Peter » 08 Nov 2011 19:30

Yes and it drives me crazy. The worst is when you are arguing with a dream charactor and they convince you that it is not a dream. This is so frustrating but a great insight into the logic of the dreamworld

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 09 Nov 2011 00:58

One RC isn't enough.

Also you need to pick RCs that work for you.

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 30 Nov 2011 01:02

I just had an ld last night and fingers thru the palms did not workfor me either. Felt stopped as in real world. But I knew I was dreaming. Unfortunately I tried forcing my mind "see" that I was dreaming if you know what I mean, and woke up. Next time ill look at my hands. I have a digital watch and ring with writing on it. Rather than trying to force my mind I will just calmly accept the dream signs and go from there. I think I was trying to get too lucid too fast.

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 30 Nov 2011 20:55

Happened to me too just last night.

Repeated finger pokes through the hand didn't work--just as solid as waking reality. Luckily something kept telling me I was dreaming, though, so I kept trying. Finally switched gears and tried floating--sure enough I found myself flying, and the "Aha" moment kicked in.

Funny to me that, even though I knew I was dreaming, I still needed that RC to get the lucidity to really kick in.

Fairly long LD and pretty stable. Willed myself back to the ground and started walking around in this field at night with small luminescent flowers that glowed with a gorgeous purple-blue light. Very trippy looking. I let the dream just do its thing and groked the general LD vibe. Then started working on changing the scene--but some waking world noise caused the lucidity to fade and I woke up.

But I woke with this great feeling and the thought of what an absolutely cool phenomenon LDing is!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 30 Nov 2011 22:15

fineganswaker wrote:Happened to me too just last night.

Repeated finger pokes through the hand didn't work--just as solid as waking reality. Luckily something kept telling me I was dreaming, though, so I kept trying. Finally switched gears and tried floating--sure enough I found myself flying, and the "Aha" moment kicked in.

Funny to me that, even though I knew I was dreaming, I still needed that RC to get the lucidity to really kick in.

This pretty much exactly happened to me. I just made myself believe i was DEFINITELY in a dream, then my fingers went through.
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Nov 2011 23:31

Same, if you are testing then you are really only looking for conformation as your most likley already know you are dreaming. Just firm up you intent a little
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”