Dream Yoga and the Clear Light

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
crazymoth

Dream Yoga and the Clear Light

Postby crazymoth » 26 Nov 2011 21:46

I've been reading this book called Dream Yoga and the Practice of Natural Light by Namkhai Normbu.

He is a Buddhist Master. He says that dreams should not be indulged in. That there are two types of dreams... confusion dreams based on past karma where you need to figure something out and dreams that lead toward the Clear Light or enlightenment.

He said that at some point once you've "figured out" (your whole life and existence) dreams STOP. When you sleep you rest peacefully in the Clear Light - that all Oneness.

I found it interesting that dreams through this perspective are just another form of mental chatter.

The point is to make dreaming STOP so you can enjoy being complete and have access to your total being without confusion.

I thought it interesting... because a lot of people treat lucid dreaming as a form of escapism when according to a Buddhist Master the point is to stop dreaming.

Clearly further research on my part is indicated. :D

Peter

Re: Dream Yoga and the Clear Light

Postby Peter » 27 Nov 2011 01:40

read everything you can and explore and in the end you will find your own way and beliefs
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”