What to do in a LD / how to remember what to do

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nocturnal

What to do in a LD / how to remember what to do

Postby Nocturnal » 11 Dec 2011 19:21

Let me preface this by saying that I have successfully lucid dreamed before.

Last night I had a dream that I was in my room, looking at my hands. I did the hand RC and it failed, but I still felt weird for some reason, so I did the pinch-the-nose method, and it worked! I looked around and saw no way to escape my room, so I literally walked through a wall (something I have never done before!) and went outside. I began to fly a bit then walked up and down the street. I thought I kept my LD for quite a while, but for some reason I felt like there was nothing to do. In reality, I know there are many things to do, but for some reason I could not think of anything to do. I have 3 questions.

1. How do I know if this was a read LD or if I was autonomously dreaming?
2. I know that I should never get bored in a LD (hence the first question), so what are some crazy things to do in a LD?
3. How can I remember to do these things in my next LD?

Thanks!

fineganswaker

Re: What to do in a LD / how to remember what to do

Postby fineganswaker » 12 Dec 2011 23:57

Nocturnal,

Since you were doing RCs, walked through a wall to get out of your "room", flew around, it sounds to me like that was a full-on LD (not sure what "autonomously dreaming" is--maybe dreaming about being lucid?).

I've experienced that odd type of "boredom" myself and posted something about it. And to use a bad cliche--don't "should" on yourself about it. It can happen, and I think it can just be a stage or a part to some LD experiences. It can also be your triggering for remembering specific things you wanted to do--so use it to your advantage.

As far as remembering things to do, think up things to do in your next LD during the day. Then, right before drifting off, do a review of of them, or focus on one in particular. It's funny how that intention will carry over.

I've also gotten into this head lately of letting the dream do what it wants to do. Even though I'm lucid I'll go along for the ride. I guess I'd say that in those instances I'm trying to cultivate a feeling of gratitude for having become lucid. I'm not a WILD technique guy (can't wrap my head around it), so I have to rely on the dream itself giving me some kind of recognizable sign to become lucid. It's easy to forget that, I think--for me it's best not to be too overly controlling. Sometimes I'll just work on basic lucidity control--tuning what I'm doing, or just working on staying lucid (which can be a challenge!).

Hope this helps a bit,

--FW

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”