Dream signs and Stephen LeBerges book.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ThreeStarE

Dream signs and Stephen LeBerges book.

Postby ThreeStarE » 22 Dec 2011 06:30

Let me first say that Exploring the world of lucid dreaming is an amazing helpful book, I've gotten to the third chapter and it's insane how much of the questions I've seen on here have been answered in those chapters, anyways, my question.
In the book, there is a part telling you to study your dream signs. context, action, form, and internal awareness. I need someone to tell me more about these, examples, personal experiences ETC. Also, If you see a dream character who is famous in waking life, but is a different person completely in the dream with the body of the famous person, is this considered a "a character form.?" hopefully you understand the second section of my question, those who own, read/remember the book might be able to answer.
Thankyou ahead of time for reading, and possibly answering this question.
Sincerely,
*.*.*.E
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

lucidinthe sky

Re: Dream signs and Stephen LeBerges book.

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Dec 2011 17:37

If you look back through dream journals or through your memories and you can often see patterns and recurring themes in your dreams. If you can look for those when your dreaming and that is a big IF, you might find them. The problem is that many of these patterns and signs also occur during waking life so its not so easy to see them. For me I am often driving various vehicles in dreams, as much or sometimes more than in waking life so I try to do reality checks every time I get into a vehicle etc. I got one Ld just from that so far.

I don't put a lot of value in dream signs and RCs, but I do think they are useful. They make you think more about the possibilty that you could be dreaming which is useful and they do increase your chances of becoming lucid. Unfortunately for many people the increase in probability is small. But even if one out 5 Lds is a DILD, it's still worth because that's one more that I wouldn't have had. I still advise people to most of the energy into early morning WILD attempts. that gives me the most result for my effort.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”