Just before I wake up I half realize I'm dreaming..

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucidity

Just before I wake up I half realize I'm dreaming..

Postby Lucidity » 22 Dec 2011 21:45

This is happening a lot. I'm having an ordinary dream, and I feel myself starting to wake up. Then I think really hazily that I'm dreaming, but I'm not sure if I'm just dreaming that I think I'm dreaming! It happens almost every night, but it's always when I'm about to wake up. Is this progress towards lucid dreaming, because I'm quite young (I am twelve) and have never had a lucid dream. Also, is there any way to get those 'I'm dreaming' feelings when I first go to sleep, or in the middle of a dream, instead of at the very end?
Ultimate
Lucidity
Forever

Reality check now...Am I dreaming?

lucidinthe sky

Re: Just before I wake up I half realize I'm dreaming..

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Dec 2011 22:46

Sounds like your get getting close. I would suggest trying to go back to sleep immediately if you can, especially in early morning sleep time when lucidity is more easily attained. Good luck.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 09 Jan 2012 10:32

I've had these a lot when not doing WILDs. One as a sort of spontaneous lucid dream out of a dream. Normally I make a choice about whether to wake up or continue the dream, sometimes after waking up I still feel tired and decide to go back to sleep and return to the same dream. It's also in these SLD that I sometimes am woken up by hearing by name called by a dream voice, even though I had chosen to continue sleeping.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Chronos

Postby Chronos » 10 Jan 2012 00:57

You're a step ahead of me. I finish waking up and then notice I was dreaming :/
ARE YOU DREAMING?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”