What is your super power?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Chrispy

Re: What is your super power?

Postby Chrispy » 29 Jan 2012 22:45

rothgar wrote:I threw a tiger into outer space. Funny thing is, I read a newspaper article 3 months later about a guy dreaming he was in India and a tiger flew across the horizon and landed next to him. This is a true story. I cut out the article and put next to my dream journal entry!

lol, wow, that's funny and creepy at the same time. :lol:
There is no spoon.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 30 Jan 2012 02:34

rothgar wrote:I threw a tiger into outer space. Funny thing is, I read a newspaper article 3 months later about a guy dreaming he was in India and a tiger flew across the horizon and landed next to him. This is a true story. I cut out the article and put next to my dream journal entry!

I had a similar incident, when I reported a dream I had about burglarizing a shop, a person replied that his shop had actually been burglarized that same night. I thought it was a sort of cool. He jokingly accused me.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Jan 2012 02:39

rothgar wrote:I read a newspaper article 3 months later about a guy dreaming he was in India and a tiger flew across the horizon and landed next to him

What kind of newspaper writes articles about people's dreams? "TOP STORY TONIGHT: SOME GUY YOU DON'T KNOW JUST HAD A WEIRD DREAM, here are the details...." :idea: :?:

Gooeymaw wrote:I can turn into animals, monsters or in some instances take on the appearance of any other person at will

I heard about that in reading about Tibetan dream yoga on this very sight. They have a list of tasks to complete before they are lucid dream masters or reach enlightenment. (I don't follow this practice, but changing your form is one of them). I have never done it. I have inadvertently done some of the other tasks, but any lucid dreamer would.

BUT This is why I brought up the subject: I WONDER IF SOME PEOPLE HAVE A NATURAL ABILITY TO DO ONE THING IN A LUCID DREAM AND FIND IT HARD TO DO ANOTHER. We can all do it all with practice.

I am sure we can do it all, but some are harder for others.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 31 Jan 2012 02:25

I think I see what you mean. I do the shape changing thing most often, but in some instances I find it very very difficult to do, and something it goes terribly wrong and I end up in a shape I had not intended to or I look really bizarre. I think there might be a realtionship between easy shape changing and when it's really hard to do. Generally when I have used this skill it was to deflect attention to myself. Like in the case where I turned into a dragon amongst a throng of monsters. In that instance it was easy. However in another instance I was trying to do the same thing to trick someone, but it was not for the same reason. I was trying to do it so I could get away with something (forget what it was) but maybe there is a relationship between shape changing for evil purposes as opposed to just being left alone. Does that make sense?

Fjordimere

Postby Fjordimere » 31 Jan 2012 10:45

I had a dream that I had the power remove acne with the blink of an eye once.

That would be so handy in real life.

R99

Postby R99 » 04 Feb 2012 07:38

When its come to me i got 2 superpowers in dream world. One is in a normal dream like i could run on the surface of water, and one is in a ld. In it i could change weather with the snap of my finger.( that was awesome.)
I see the Truth now.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”