Awake All Night Experiment - Official Method and Results

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DreamSailing

Re: Awake All Night Experiment - Official Method and Results

Postby DreamSailing » 11 Mar 2012 20:26

i gotta try this, i tried WILD, and this seems a bit similar but not the same.

hmm could i try it now actually? its sunday afternoon (1:23) and i have nothing else to do, also i didn't get much sleep last night so this should work. i find i get really sleepy during the day if i have some chamomile tea though.

i have done something similar to this, but only to experience hypnagogia, which i find fun and quite enjoy. can't wait to try this, i am kinda the impatient type and i want to lucid dream so bad even though i have been out of practice for a while lol.
Reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there
~Owl City, in the song The Real World

12padams

Re: Awake All Night Experiment - Official Method and Results

Postby 12padams » 13 Mar 2012 12:01

i gotta try this, i tried WILD, and this seems a bit similar but not the same.

The difference is that wild is usually done after a wake back to bed and you are actually aiming to fall asleep/lose consciousness a little. This experiment however involves trying to stay awake without moving (make sure you relax your eyes) for the whole night... You will have a lucid dream before morning however because I got a friend to try this out and they consciously feel into a lucid dream and saw it form around them.

There are 2 major downsides to this method however:
1. Although you do consciously enter a lucid dream and see it form around you it's very hard to remain lucid due to the low amount of serotonin in your brain at the time of the experiment.
2. The lucid dream will be short (due to shorter rem cycles at the beginning of sleep)

You can however remain still the entire night and continuouly catch each lucid dream for each rem cycle. This will be difficult however and there will be many sleep paralysis moments!
Can't Have A Lucid Dream?

Check out my free eBook which logs my day by day journey from day 1. Check out my experiences, successes and failures with many different lucid dreaming methods.

Download here: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.0

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”