Dream Signs - How to Induce Them

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Dream Signs - How to Induce Them

Postby Nocturnal » 17 May 2011 04:13

How do you guys induce dream signs? Once, about an hour before bed, I drank about two glasses of water. Then, right before bed, I had another two.

That night, I had a dream (not LD, unfortunately) that was me kayaking while it was raining, basically, a very wet dream (but not wet in the normal sense)

Any other techniques out there that works?

Site Admin

Re: Dream Signs - How to Induce Them

Postby Rebecca » 29 May 2011 07:43

Once I had a lovely false awakening where the rain was hammering on the roof, I went outside and there were umbrellas hanging in the trees.... it was so surreal and prompted me to become lucid. When I woke up for real maybe 10 minutes later the rain was still going hard in reality. That was cool!

You should try incubating a dream sign before you go to sleep. Before bed, write down: "tonight I am going to dream of horses, hippos, hats and ham!" It's a funny way to ingrain the signs into your subconscious by having them all start with the same letter. Then in the morning, you may recall more dreams signs either relating directly to your list - or just signs beginning with the letter H. I have done this numerous times and the number of incubated dream signs can be astonishing.

Postby Jonathan » 01 Jun 2011 04:19

Great tips. I learn something new here every time I visit. :D

Postby AboutAquarius » 10 Jun 2011 09:37

dannnng Rebecca you sound like a genius! :]

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”