The Best Reality Checks

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
SnorlaxDreamer

Re: The Best Reality Checks

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 20 Jul 2013 01:40

taniaaust1 wrote:I myself wouldnt try to hold nose and try to breath thing as in my case I cant breath underwater during a LD (even thou I really tried.. I ended up the only way I could breath underwater was to manifest an oxygen tank and mask for myself), so I suppose I wouldnt be able to breath either if I hold my nose and try to breath.

fortunately I dont tend to need to do reality checking in dreams as I just become aware at times that Im dreaming. My hands thou usually look weird in some way if I look at them.

To be honest, I actually believe you can breathe underwater. Maybe you just need more confidence to believe that you are able to.
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 22 Jul 2013 14:28

i just stop what i'm doing and observe what's around me. take a few moments to look around and just take in my environment. if i'm in a dream i usually become lucid after doing just that, but for my reality checks i also ask questions like how did i get here? or in what ways is my experience dreamlike?

I try not to do reality checks that are ways to figure out if i'm in a dream or not. i find that when i do that i get into the habit of telling myself that i'm not dreaming. i'm talking about RCs like if one hand goes through the other, i'm dreaming, if not, i'm not dreaming. those kinds do work, but i like to focus on getting into a habit that increases my awareness.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Aug 2013 01:30

SnorlaxDreamer wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:I myself wouldnt try to hold nose and try to breath thing as in my case I cant breath underwater during a LD (even thou I really tried.. I ended up the only way I could breath underwater was to manifest an oxygen tank and mask for myself), so I suppose I wouldnt be able to breath either if I hold my nose and try to breath.

fortunately I dont tend to need to do reality checking in dreams as I just become aware at times that Im dreaming. My hands thou usually look weird in some way if I look at them.

To be honest, I actually believe you can breathe underwater. Maybe you just need more confidence to believe that you are able to.

Due my waking consciousness coming in strongly into my LDs, I actually find I start to drown as I start choking on water if I try to breath underwater in a LD. The choking then will wake me up (unless I act on what's going on and manifest the oxygen tank and mask fast). Hence its not for me a good reality check. Feeling like one is drowning is a very unsettling feeling.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”