A sort of SSILD and a LD almost forgotten

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
mia

A sort of SSILD and a LD almost forgotten

Postby mia » 02 Jun 2013 00:34

So here are a couple of recent experiences with the SSILD technique.
Early am after getting up to use the bathroom, some fussing around, and then back to bed, I attempted a SSILD. Lay on my back, and ran through the cycles- sometimes almost drifting into sleep, but coming back to the cycles- then forgetting the cycles and noticing the heavy 'frozen' feeling of my hands and legs, feet, etc. Continued- some slight 'jolts' of SP- continued- then finally, distinct buzzing and the tremors of SP. Rolled out-pulled out- ( it wasn't too hard)- and fell to the floor. Felt the carpet on the floor, got up, levitated- Yes! I then flew right through the closed window to get outside( easy), then after only a moment, returned through the window back into the house . But it wasn't our house now. I thought of my LD goals ( I want to go to the Peponi Hotel on Lamu, off of the coast of Africa; and I want to eat chocolate cake), but had no idea of how to get to Lamu. I levitated several times to keep reminding myself that I was dreaming. I saw stairs with blue school gym mats all tossed on them. I thought about the poster here a few weeks ago who met stairs in his lucid dream and couldn't remember how to get down them, so he threw himself down them. That made me laugh in my dream. Thinking about that, I flew/floated down to the bottom of the stairs. Levitated at the bottom, then thought about my Lamu plans ( and still not knowing what to do). Then I was suddenly back in my body sleeping on the bed. I think I could have re-entered an LD here if I had thought to try.

My thoughts on this is that so far this method works; but the LDs seem so short; unlike my DILDs.

Now the next morning, I had another LD (after falling asleep after doing some SSILD cycles), but actually almost forgot it, until I was in the bath in the morning and the dream suddenly came back to me. I was surprised because I had actually thought you couldn't really 'forget' an LD. I won't go into too many details but I had become lucid in a kitchen; levitated to confirm, and found my chocolate cake there to eat ( 2 pieces). I remembered eating the cake and feeling it's cool icing and the texture, and the rich chocolate taste. I was closing my eyes to concentrate on the experience while I ate it, but then thought I'd better not close my eyes or I'll wake up. I'm just so surprised that you really can forget LDs and that I almost did!
Last edited by mia on 02 Jun 2013 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

DreamerMan99

Re: A sort of SSILD and a LD almost forgotten

Postby DreamerMan99 » 02 Jun 2013 00:49

Wow! Lucky!
I saw SSILD, but the guide didn't make sense to me, and only confused me.
Can you explain the method to me in your own words? Thanks.
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

mia

Postby mia » 02 Jun 2013 04:26

Ok then DreamerMan99, let's see. I wait until I wake early am ( I usually wake several times through the night ). I get up and use the bathroom, and then return to bed. I usually lay on my back. I get comfortable; I like my hands resting lightly on my belly. Then I start a quick run through of the 'cycles'- 4-6 times: this means to first focus on the black of my closed eyelids ( and any splotches of color or patterns there); then after 4-5 seconds move the focus onto 'internal listening' ( that is listen to my heartbeat, my breathing, and 'ringing' sounds in my ears or head or whatever there may be ); then after 4--5 seconds, switch the focus to my body and any sensations I may feel in hands, feet, arms, legs, head etc ( such as the pulse of blood in my arteries, any feelings of dizziness, or heaviness, or whatever there may be. ) It's ok if you actually don't 'detect' anything too. Then after the quick run throughs; then start the cycles again, only this time slower ( maybe 30 seconds per cycle focus); you will lose track, or drift etc; all ok; just keep on, and pick up wherever you left off. You will either start to detect 'jolts' of sleep paralysis ( buzzing; a jolt of a tremor etc.) until it gets strong ( and then you know you can try to roll out of your body), OR you will fall asleep inadvertently, and hopefully have a DILD. That's what I've been doing. I don't know if it's exactly right or not though. Maybe someone can give some better, more refined advice on what to do. I've had about 4 successful sessions so far with this; and others where I just gave up ( I feel I've at least been close every time I've tried it though). I'm trying to discover the best time to do it. I also have found that a particular session of isochronic tones seems to help with the sort of meditative state you need to achieve with this. I like it very quiet and dark when I sleep. So I have listened to isochronic tones ( I'll try to find you a link to the ones that I think are effective) but only during the afternoon as a meditation session ( never while trying to sleep or LD though). I think there are more experienced board members who could give you advice. Hope this helps some.

Here is the isochronic tones that I've listened to in the afternoon meditation sessions on the days that I ended up having a successful SSILD night.
Copy and paste this into your web browser if you'd like to try it ( no headphones; just play it at a comfortable volume while meditating) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7EHidYj9BQ
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 02 Jun 2013 04:58

Awesome, thanks so much! Going to try it later tonight. :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 02 Jun 2013 05:02

Good dreams!:) and yeah, I find it's harder to forget lucid dreams but still very possible. Which just makes me wonder why it's so hard to remember dream memories to begin with.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 02 Jun 2013 08:20

On remembering dreams, I tend to remember bits better if I was more aware and paying attention at that moment. I even sometimes suddenly recall chunks of dreams long after I have woken up, just smack dab in the middle of the day.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2013 09:05

Glad you remembered your LD.

It is certainly possible to forget LDs just like someone may forget something like having an apple earlier in the day or maybe a phone call or message someone took for you which they meant to pass on to you but they forgot (anyone who has children knows that one). Possible forgetting is hence another reason why dream journals can be important. Lucid dreams are thou less easily forgotten then regular dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 01 Jul 2013 20:19

I will try tonight. And will give the result tomorrow. ;)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 24+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 03 Jul 2013 12:50

didnt work :|
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 24+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

mia

Postby mia » 03 Jul 2013 15:57

Relax into it Je-Je. Drift, but hang onto a bit of awareness. Try again.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”