A Real Guide To Wild

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
SnorlaxDreamer
Posts: 37
Joined: 17 Jun 2012 12:45
Location: Denmark

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 19 Jul 2013 18:25

As it has been stated before, the WILD-technique is just a technique used to keep your mind awake as you fall asleep. The real key to WILD is simply to actually just let yourself fall asleep, but keeping your coinciousness alert. You NEED to fall asleep, and not try to stay awake.
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

j.mcarthur
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Jul 2013 05:11

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby j.mcarthur » 30 Jul 2013 05:54

taniaaust1 wrote:
btifuldreamer wrote:Ahhhh so you shouldn't try to make an image in your head, say i wanted to lucid dream in a waterfall location, i shouldn't make that image in my head but just let random thoughts flow. I understand now. Also you should occasionally rememeber to tell yourself you're still in your bed sleeping? Is that how you check if you're still awake? I'm still unsure of how you do a reality check when WILDing. Do you do it in your mind or your actual body cuz if you do the second one then wouldn't that break you out of sleep paralysis :?: Thank you by the way :D


Its fine to go thinking of wanting to be at a certain waterfull while wanting to WILD as its fine to hold images of where you want to WILD too, that could help as its focus on the WILD location you want to go to. Its not allowing focus at all off of your physical body at all or things you are holding focus on and thinking unrelated to what you want to dream, which may rather just send you into a deep meditation state rather then send you into a WILD.

yes its good to remind yourself when trying to WILD at times.. that you are in bed sleeping and wanting to WILD from there...as YOU NEED TO KNOW when you have gone to sleep and not to forget what you are trying to do (hence then unlucid dream).

I check in with my physical body regularly when trying to WILD.. that is where slow just hearable on an outbreath (like a sigh.. HAM) sometimes helps someone trying to WILD as they may suddenly become aware that their voice suddenly is going weird or notice they stop chanting at the times their mind has started drifting. There has been times during a WILD where I will suddenly notice that Im breathing in two different places, at different rates at once. My dream body starts breathing its own breaths too, in that situation no reality check is needed.. you may feel and hear your dream body breathing as you separate from your physical self and it too. (like a split awareness for a short time of being two different selves)

Relax, let your mind go.. and check in with yourself, your body to know when you have entered a dream state (or you may realise due to something else .. eg my astral body will sometimes start to move around in my physical one. With that Ive at times known Im ready to go OBE or leave my body, Ive summersaulted into a LD at that point finding myself then being thrown out in a way not physically possibly with a physical roll out). The hard part is trusting you are in the right state to do that and not just end up rolling out of your physical bed onto the floor (maybe put something onto your floor to fall into if cause you fail, before you try a roll out WILD method if there is a chance you may want to try that if you think you've entered the right state and just need to leave your physical body at that point.. strong vibrations or a sleep paralyses state may indicate it may be possible to roll out).

Other times when going WILD..as you will suddenly find yourself no longer in your bed but at another location.. no need to reality check as its obvious then you've entered a dream if suddenly you are somewhere else. (with WILD there often isnt a break in consciousness hence it can be very obvious a dream has been entered into, this is a benefit over some other LD methods)

There is a heap of different ways to do a WILD, I tend to go with the flow of what I feel at the time is the right thing for me to do. Do whatever seems to be right for yourself, dont set strict rules on things on how to do this stuff.

ive personally never found a need to reality check with a WILD.. the exception to that would be if I went from a WILD into a sleep state without realising (as there can be no change in waking awareness and the entry into a dream can be extremely smooth) and hence thought I was still fully awake still and just laying there in bed but in fact had gone to dreaming I was laying there in bed. If one suspected that.. that would be the only time in which I would reality check in a WILD (or if there are other signs you are dreaming but you arent sure.. eg noticing something very strange in your room eg the clock next to your bed starts doing weird stuff).. To reality check.. I'd just do a common one and look at my hand.. actually I now think I can once remember doing that during a WILD and as I was afraid I'd open my physical eyes.. I tried to imagine my eyes opening to look rather then just opening them. Like instead "will" them open or just to see throu them at what you want to see. If you are dreaming you may find you can actually see throu your eyelids and you could try that for a reality check.


Hey taniaaust thanks so much for the info you've honestly been so helpful if i could just make one suggestion and i mean it with no offense simply from a will to learn is that some of your sentences are paradoxical or you contradict yourself and it just confuses the bejesus out of of me because I'm looking at little nuggets of gold information but some important ones i have to throw away simply because the sentence just doesn't make sense. Completely human mistake, but, with great power comes great responsibility right?? Very helpful, one other thing you mention seeing through your eyes. If all you see is black does that mean you're definitely still awake? Or if I'm spent and quitting the attempt to LD that night should i just risk moving my physical hand and looking at it?

User avatar
btifuldreamer
Posts: 205
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 01:36
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby btifuldreamer » 30 Jul 2013 11:54

j.mcarthur wrote:Hey taniaaust thanks so much for the info you've honestly been so helpful if i could just make one suggestion and i mean it with no offense simply from a will to learn is that some of your sentences are paradoxical or you contradict yourself and it just confuses the bejesus out of of me because I'm looking at little nuggets of gold information but some important ones i have to throw away simply because the sentence just doesn't make sense. Completely human mistake, but, with great power comes great responsibility right?? Very helpful, one other thing you mention seeing through your eyes. If all you see is black does that mean you're definitely still awake? Or if I'm spent and quitting the attempt to LD that night should i just risk moving my physical hand and looking at it?


That's what i was wandering. If you take the chance of doing a reality check such as pushing your finger through your hand, you could lose a chance at being lucid :( I tried a technique where as soon as you wake up don't move or open your eyes (this is called B-mild or something) and you will hopefully enter sleep paralysis straight away. If what i'm about to say is useful to anyone, great :D As soon as i woke up i thought to myself don't move or anything, but i could feel that there was a blanket right near my mouth because i was breathing on it and i was getting really hot and stuffy so i moved. BUT before i moved all i could see was darkness and black in my eyelids, no dreams or hypnagogia. Also, i did a reality check straight after and i was awake sadly -_- So j.mcarthur, i would say if you remember to do a reality check then you are probably awake but if you are asleep you would see whatever would be in your dreams at that time, because you're in a dream.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Aug 2013 04:45

btifuldreamer wrote: If you take the chance of doing a reality check such as pushing your finger through your hand, you could lose a chance at being lucid :( I tried a technique where as soon as you wake up don't move or open your eyes (this is called B-mild or something) and you will hopefully enter sleep paralysis straight away. If what i'm about to say is useful to anyone, great :D As soon as i woke up i thought to myself don't move or anything, but i could feel that there was a blanket right near my mouth because i was breathing on it and i was getting really hot and stuffy so i moved. BUT before i moved all i could see was darkness and black in my eyelids, no dreams or hypnagogia. Also, i did a reality check straight after and i was awake sadly -_- So j.mcarthur, i would say if you remember to do a reality check then you are probably awake but if you are asleep you would see whatever would be in your dreams at that time, because you're in a dream.


Actually being able to remember to do a reality check doesnt at all mean that you are probably awake. People remember to do reality checks in their dreams all the time. If you have gone into a dream with waking consciousness present, you are very likely to think of possibly doing a reality check.

It is also possible to go into a dream but be dreaming you are laying in bed with your eyes closed still and dreaming that you are just seeing blackness and hence then just not know you are in the dream state. With WILD in which there is often no loss of consciousness at all, it can be hard if one has a very smooth transition to know when one has entered a dreaming state hence being very observant and a reality check "could" be important (if a reality check like trying to push your finger throu your hand could possibly disturb your state, just do a different reality check which wouldnt!!! Pick reality checks to suit the situation if you are concerned about it possibly disturbing your state eg can you float to touch the celiing?). There so many diffferent ways to do these things so dont get yourself stuck into one which you dont think would work for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Aug 2013 05:01

j.mcarthur wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:
btifuldreamer wrote:Ahhhh so you shouldn't try to make an image in your head, say i wanted to lucid dream in a waterfall location, i shouldn't make that image in my head but just let random thoughts flow. I understand now. Also you should occasionally rememeber to tell yourself you're still in your bed sleeping? Is that how you check if you're still awake? I'm still unsure of how you do a reality check when WILDing. Do you do it in your mind or your actual body cuz if you do the second one then wouldn't that break you out of sleep paralysis :?: Thank you by the way :D


Its fine to go thinking of wanting to be at a certain waterfull while wanting to WILD as its fine to hold images of where you want to WILD too, that could help as its focus on the WILD location you want to go to. Its not allowing focus at all off of your physical body at all or things you are holding focus on and thinking unrelated to what you want to dream, which may rather just send you into a deep meditation state rather then send you into a WILD.

yes its good to remind yourself when trying to WILD at times.. that you are in bed sleeping and wanting to WILD from there...as YOU NEED TO KNOW when you have gone to sleep and not to forget what you are trying to do (hence then unlucid dream).

I check in with my physical body regularly when trying to WILD.. that is where slow just hearable on an outbreath (like a sigh.. HAM) sometimes helps someone trying to WILD as they may suddenly become aware that their voice suddenly is going weird or notice they stop chanting at the times their mind has started drifting. There has been times during a WILD where I will suddenly notice that Im breathing in two different places, at different rates at once. My dream body starts breathing its own breaths too, in that situation no reality check is needed.. you may feel and hear your dream body breathing as you separate from your physical self and it too. (like a split awareness for a short time of being two different selves)

Relax, let your mind go.. and check in with yourself, your body to know when you have entered a dream state (or you may realise due to something else .. eg my astral body will sometimes start to move around in my physical one. With that Ive at times known Im ready to go OBE or leave my body, Ive summersaulted into a LD at that point finding myself then being thrown out in a way not physically possibly with a physical roll out). The hard part is trusting you are in the right state to do that and not just end up rolling out of your physical bed onto the floor (maybe put something onto your floor to fall into if cause you fail, before you try a roll out WILD method if there is a chance you may want to try that if you think you've entered the right state and just need to leave your physical body at that point.. strong vibrations or a sleep paralyses state may indicate it may be possible to roll out).

Other times when going WILD..as you will suddenly find yourself no longer in your bed but at another location.. no need to reality check as its obvious then you've entered a dream if suddenly you are somewhere else. (with WILD there often isnt a break in consciousness hence it can be very obvious a dream has been entered into, this is a benefit over some other LD methods)

There is a heap of different ways to do a WILD, I tend to go with the flow of what I feel at the time is the right thing for me to do. Do whatever seems to be right for yourself, dont set strict rules on things on how to do this stuff.

ive personally never found a need to reality check with a WILD.. the exception to that would be if I went from a WILD into a sleep state without realising (as there can be no change in waking awareness and the entry into a dream can be extremely smooth) and hence thought I was still fully awake still and just laying there in bed but in fact had gone to dreaming I was laying there in bed. If one suspected that.. that would be the only time in which I would reality check in a WILD (or if there are other signs you are dreaming but you arent sure.. eg noticing something very strange in your room eg the clock next to your bed starts doing weird stuff).. To reality check.. I'd just do a common one and look at my hand.. actually I now think I can once remember doing that during a WILD and as I was afraid I'd open my physical eyes.. I tried to imagine my eyes opening to look rather then just opening them. Like instead "will" them open or just to see throu them at what you want to see. If you are dreaming you may find you can actually see throu your eyelids and you could try that for a reality check.


Hey taniaaust thanks so much for the info you've honestly been so helpful if i could just make one suggestion and i mean it with no offense simply from a will to learn is that some of your sentences are paradoxical or you contradict yourself and it just confuses the bejesus out of of me because I'm looking at little nuggets of gold information but some important ones i have to throw away simply because the sentence just doesn't make sense. Completely human mistake, but, with great power comes great responsibility right?? Very helpful, one other thing you mention seeing through your eyes. If all you see is black does that mean you're definitely still awake? Or if I'm spent and quitting the attempt to LD that night should i just risk moving my physical hand and looking at it?


No offence but there is no responsibility on me for if others are confusing my words. If you are confused, you can always ask for some clarification or if you think Ive made an actual error in my posts, you can point it out to me and I'll correct it.

Some of this stuff may seen contradictory but there is no good way to explain it with words, so all I can do is try to explain. eg you can imagine something and hold an image but on the other hand to allow your thoughts to flow still. Some of this stuff you just wont understand till you have experienced it for yourself and yes it may seem contradictory.

If all you see is black does that mean you're definitely still awake?


Not necessarily so. I do astral projection quite a bit at times and during those it is very common for me to see black even when I leave my physical body, for some weird reason my sight is the last thing to come in. So yeah you could of gone into a dream state or another state and still be seeing black. It can not be judged being "definitely" still awake throu something you are seeing esp if its something at some level you are expecting still to be seeing or used to happening (eg the slightest doubt about ability to LD could have them still experiencing that they are laying in bed seeing black throu closed eyes even when they've gone into a LD state)

Or if I'm spent and quitting the attempt to LD that night should i just risk moving my physical hand and looking at it?[/


If you are quitting anyway.. you could do that but I wonder if you are going to go to sleep for the night, why go thinking you are "quitting" anyway? (another story if you plan to get up), if you feel like you need to go to sleep, that is a great chance to go into a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
btifuldreamer
Posts: 205
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 01:36
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby btifuldreamer » 30 Aug 2013 12:53

taniaaust1 wrote:Actually being able to remember to do a reality check doesnt at all mean that you are probably awake. People remember to do reality checks in their dreams all the time. If you have gone into a dream with waking consciousness present, you are very likely to think of possibly doing a reality check.


It is also possible to go into a dream but be dreaming you are laying in bed with your eyes closed still and dreaming that you are just seeing blackness and hence then just not know you are in the dream state. With WILD in which there is often no loss of consciousness at all, it can be hard if one has a very smooth transition to know when one has entered a dreaming state hence being very observant and a reality check "could" be important (if a reality check like trying to push your finger throu your hand could possibly disturb your state, just do a different reality check which wouldnt!!! Pick reality checks to suit the situation if you are concerned about it possibly disturbing your state eg can you float to touch the celiing?). There so many diffferent ways to do these things so dont get yourself stuck into one which you dont think would work for you.[/quote]
Hmm. So instead of doing a reality check like pushing your fingers through your hand, which will make you move and possibly ruin chances of lucid dreaming because you moved, you should think of moving in your mind and if you do you're dreaming?

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Sep 2013 00:51

btifuldreamer wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:I agree.. dont grasp the free flowing images, let them flow, observe the flow. Its possible to think about a place (where you wish to be) but do it in such a way in which your mind is still freely drifting and having thoughts around the idea of a place, daydreaming about it. In this case you have your subject of focus but you are allowing your mind to flow.
This stuff is very hard to explain, I hope you can understand what Im trying to say.

Yeah i understand :) You can think of a place but don't try to sculpt every detail of it, let your mind do it. one question i've been meaning to ask, if you realize you are dreaming and you are lucid, will your hand return to normal or will it still look weird. Also, in non lucid dreams i think i read somewhere you can't pick up things, I hope this isn't true or when you become lucid you can touch and pick p anything.
You should go onto the chat room tania :D Check my signature vv


You can use your LD body just like you use your physical one to interact with the LD reality.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself


Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest