A Real Guide To Wild

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DreamerMan99
Posts: 201
Joined: 27 Mar 2013 23:53
Location: In a world where nothing matters

A Real Guide To Wild

Postby DreamerMan99 » 02 Jun 2013 00:47

Ok, I've had some near lucid WILD attempts and after about 3 months of WILD and complete and utter fail, I need a legit, helpful WILD guide. I don't want some crappy one from someone who struggles or doesn't care as much. I need someones personal, WILD guide. Everything they do, I need to know. I really want to figure this out. I try to take a shot at WILD every weekend and occasionally during the week.
Thanks.
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2013 07:38

I hope what Im about to say dont sound crappy but its how I do it and there isnt really much to say about it at all.

1/ Try to WILD when you know you can full asleep (day or night dont matter).

2/ Get physically relaxed. I do that by just lying there, not moving about and focusing on my chest rising and falling.

3/ (tricky part for many) Let your mind go (it needs to be relaxed)... allow your mind to start drifting eg daydreaming. (for myself it isnt to consciously go thinking or worrying about anything but just allowing my mind to start to wander at will but without real thought. (I keep my focus on my breath.. like a third party watching)

4/ I check in with my mind every now and then to make sure I havent lost what Im trying to do (bring my awareness to more focus..eg making sure Im still watching my breathing. Ask myself "are I still in bed?"), reminding myself of my wish to fall asleep but while staying consciously aware.. so I just dont fall asleep. If you fall asleep and dont realise it, it is this check which "may" bring to your attention that you've gone into a dream. eg "oh Im not in bed anymore" or like one of my last WILDS "oh Im breathing in two places at once" I was aware of my physical body breathing as well as my dream body breathing.

if you've tried for a couple of months thou without luck.. you really should try a different LD technique as WILD may not be right for you, some find it very hard to do while others may find it easier then other techniques.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamerMan99
Posts: 201
Joined: 27 Mar 2013 23:53
Location: In a world where nothing matters

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby DreamerMan99 » 02 Jun 2013 20:03

Thanks! Turns out i was screwing up. Going to actually try right lol

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

User avatar
btifuldreamer
Posts: 205
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 01:36
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby btifuldreamer » 29 Jun 2013 05:11

I read something very helpful about WILD's about 20 minutes ago!! I'm gonna try it tonight. It explains that many people are over thinking WILD and focus on it too much. A technique i have been using for it is you lie completely still and take a deep breath in, then breath out and count in your head '99', deep breath in, exhale, 98. By the time you reach zero you will be in a lucid dream. This is wrong. The author person on the site i was reading specifically explained that it is wrong to focus on one thought while WILDing, meaning the technique i was using is wrong because i just focused on counting. In this new technique, when you wake up hopefully during a REM period, you simply relax and let your mind wonder, while still keeping in mind that you are awake. The point of WILD is not to stay awake, but to fall asleep. Also, it is helpful to picture in your mind your body being weighed down by sandbags which will bring on sleep paralysis faster.
So, to some it all up, when you wake up during the night, instead of lying still uncomfortably not swallowing, moving or itching, simply let your mind wonder and think about anything but still remember you're asleep. That's what i think you do. I got all this information by reading the tutorial and everyone's comments.
Here's the link: http://www.dreamviews.com/attaining-lucidity/55302-real-easy-way-wild-2.html
Hope i didn't confuse you too much :lol: :?

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 08:26

btifuldreamer wrote:I read something very helpful about WILD's about 20 minutes ago!! I'm gonna try it tonight. It explains that many people are over thinking WILD and focus on it too much. A technique i have been using for it is you lie completely still and take a deep breath in, then breath out and count in your head '99', deep breath in, exhale, 98. By the time you reach zero you will be in a lucid dream. This is wrong. The author person on the site i was reading specifically explained that it is wrong to focus on one thought while WILDing, meaning the technique i was using is wrong because i just focused on counting. In this new technique, when you wake up hopefully during a REM period, you simply relax and let your mind wander, while still keeping in mind that you are awake. The point of WILD is not to stay awake, but to fall asleep.


Yeah that is correct.. to WILD you need to fall asleep, thou into an aware sleep..which can happen with no lapse in consciousness at all. Counting is okay but only as far as getting yourself to relax or to occassionally do for a few counts if your mind is drifting too much and you are loosing all focus and awareness.. you need to let your mind drift for short periods and start to daydream and have random thoughts to take you into a WILD and also to fall asleep. (otherwise you will just end up in a mind stillness kind of meditation state where nothing is going on.. one track focusing leads more to a mind stillness kind of state). Im capable of holding a meditation stillness state (well used to be) right throu the night eg for 8hrs, with no LD happening at all, it isnt this state you are aiming for, that's okay to relax but not for the final LD part, the mind needs to be flowing for the LD entry.

Im going to say that WILD to me is like an art form of letting the mind drift but then reeling it in again..over and over again.. till the sleep state and hopefullly still with awareness comes. (Important not to let the mind drift for any long periods unchecked as then one will go into an unaware sleep state).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
btifuldreamer
Posts: 205
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 01:36
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby btifuldreamer » 29 Jun 2013 10:13

Ahhhh so you shouldn't try to make an image in your head, say i wanted to lucid dream in a waterfall location, i shouldn't make that image in my head but just let random thoughts flow. I understand now. Also you should occasionally rememeber to tell yourself you're still in your bed sleeping? Is that how you check if you're still awake? I'm still unsure of how you do a reality check when WILDing. Do you do it in your mind or your actual body cuz if you do the second one then wouldn't that break you out of sleep paralysis :?: Thank you by the way :D

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 13:41

btifuldreamer wrote:Ahhhh so you shouldn't try to make an image in your head, say i wanted to lucid dream in a waterfall location, i shouldn't make that image in my head but just let random thoughts flow. I understand now. Also you should occasionally rememeber to tell yourself you're still in your bed sleeping? Is that how you check if you're still awake? I'm still unsure of how you do a reality check when WILDing. Do you do it in your mind or your actual body cuz if you do the second one then wouldn't that break you out of sleep paralysis :?: Thank you by the way :D


Its fine to go thinking of wanting to be at a certain waterfull while wanting to WILD as its fine to hold images of where you want to WILD too, that could help as its focus on the WILD location you want to go to. Its not allowing focus at all off of your physical body at all or things you are holding focus on and thinking unrelated to what you want to dream, which may rather just send you into a deep meditation state rather then send you into a WILD.

yes its good to remind yourself when trying to WILD at times.. that you are in bed sleeping and wanting to WILD from there...as YOU NEED TO KNOW when you have gone to sleep and not to forget what you are trying to do (hence then unlucid dream).

I check in with my physical body regularly when trying to WILD.. that is where slow just hearable on an outbreath (like a sigh.. HAM) sometimes helps someone trying to WILD as they may suddenly become aware that their voice suddenly is going weird or notice they stop chanting at the times their mind has started drifting. There has been times during a WILD where I will suddenly notice that Im breathing in two different places, at different rates at once. My dream body starts breathing its own breaths too, in that situation no reality check is needed.. you may feel and hear your dream body breathing as you separate from your physical self and it too. (like a split awareness for a short time of being two different selves)

Relax, let your mind go.. and check in with yourself, your body to know when you have entered a dream state (or you may realise due to something else .. eg my astral body will sometimes start to move around in my physical one. With that Ive at times known Im ready to go OBE or leave my body, Ive summersaulted into a LD at that point finding myself then being thrown out in a way not physically possibly with a physical roll out). The hard part is trusting you are in the right state to do that and not just end up rolling out of your physical bed onto the floor (maybe put something onto your floor to fall into if cause you fail, before you try a roll out WILD method if there is a chance you may want to try that if you think you've entered the right state and just need to leave your physical body at that point.. strong vibrations or a sleep paralyses state may indicate it may be possible to roll out).

Other times when going WILD..as you will suddenly find yourself no longer in your bed but at another location.. no need to reality check as its obvious then you've entered a dream if suddenly you are somewhere else. (with WILD there often isnt a break in consciousness hence it can be very obvious a dream has been entered into, this is a benefit over some other LD methods)

There is a heap of different ways to do a WILD, I tend to go with the flow of what I feel at the time is the right thing for me to do. Do whatever seems to be right for yourself, dont set strict rules on things on how to do this stuff.

ive personally never found a need to reality check with a WILD.. the exception to that would be if I went from a WILD into a sleep state without realising (as there can be no change in waking awareness and the entry into a dream can be extremely smooth) and hence thought I was still fully awake still and just laying there in bed but in fact had gone to dreaming I was laying there in bed. If one suspected that.. that would be the only time in which I would reality check in a WILD (or if there are other signs you are dreaming but you arent sure.. eg noticing something very strange in your room eg the clock next to your bed starts doing weird stuff).. To reality check.. I'd just do a common one and look at my hand.. actually I now think I can once remember doing that during a WILD and as I was afraid I'd open my physical eyes.. I tried to imagine my eyes opening to look rather then just opening them. Like instead "will" them open or just to see throu them at what you want to see. If you are dreaming you may find you can actually see throu your eyelids and you could try that for a reality check.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
btifuldreamer
Posts: 205
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 01:36
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby btifuldreamer » 29 Jun 2013 23:28

taniaaust1 wrote:Its fine to go thinking of wanting to be at a certain waterfull while wanting to WILD as its fine to hold images of where you want to WILD too, that could help as its focus on the WILD location you want to go to. Its not allowing focus at all off of your physical body at all or things you are holding focus on and thinking unrelated to what you want to dream, which may rather just send you into a deep meditation state rather then send you into a WILD.


Ahh k cool. So you can try to hold onto the images and thoughts that flow into your head... I was reading Steven Laberge's book on lucid dreaming and he said "don't try to grasp these images, simply view them go by without interfering." But I geuss you don't have to do that. :D

taniaaust1 wrote:yes its good to remind yourself when trying to WILD at times.. that you are in bed sleeping and wanting to WILD from there...as YOU NEED TO KNOW when you have gone to sleep and not to forget what you are trying to do (hence then unlucid dream).

Yeah i didn't do that last night. Woke up about 30 minutes ago at 7:30am. I woke up about 5 times and attempted the technique twice i think. The other times it was a feint awakening and immediately went back to sleep. All dreams were non lucid. I had 3 vivid dreams but i can only remember 1 because i'm so lazy i couldn't be bothered to write them in my dream journal :lol: I think they were vivid because that is when i tried the technique. It's very easy to let your mind wander but i let mine wander too much :( When my mind wandered i reminded myself once that i am in bed aha. I just got to distracted and fell asleep. That's my goal now, to stay focused. I have high hopes for this technique :D

taniaaust1 wrote:To reality check.. I'd just do a common one and look at my hand..

I'm guessing that's why your profile pic is a hand that looks like what you'd see in lucid dream? :)
I just looked up lucid dreaming on google images and chose the image that matches the size it had to be :D

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Jun 2013 01:48

btifuldreamer wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Its fine to go thinking of wanting to be at a certain waterfull while wanting to WILD as its fine to hold images of where you want to WILD too, that could help as its focus on the WILD location you want to go to. Its not allowing focus at all off of your physical body at all or things you are holding focus on and thinking unrelated to what you want to dream, which may rather just send you into a deep meditation state rather then send you into a WILD.


Ahh k cool. So you can try to hold onto the images and thoughts that flow into your head... I was reading Steven Laberge's book on lucid dreaming and he said "don't try to grasp these images, simply view them go by without interfering." But I geuss you don't have to do that. :D


I agree.. dont grasp the free flowing images, let them flow, observe the flow. Its possible to think about a place (where you wish to be) but do it in such a way in which your mind is still freely drifting and having thoughts around the idea of a place, daydreaming about it. In this case you have your subject of focus but you are allowing your mind to flow.

This stuff is very hard to explain, I hope you can understand what Im trying to say.

I had 3 vivid dreams but i can only remember 1 because i'm so lazy i couldn't be bothered to write them in my dream journal :lol: I think they were vivid because that is when i tried the technique. It's very easy to let your mind wander but i let mine wander too much :( When my mind wandered i reminded myself once that i am in bed aha. I just got to distracted and fell asleep.


Take care as if you arent remembering your dreams well.. you may be getting brief periods of being lucid in those dreams which you are forgetting about (dreams can contain both lucid and non lucid parts).
My last long LD, approx 2 and a half hours spent in LD time, in a 95-100% waking mind state (so fully lucid).. crazily I almost forgot about that I'd had this dream. I woke up not remembering it at first but then remembered it later in the day at which time the memory of it all suddenly hit hard. (that one wasnt a WILD, my WILDs are far easier to remember as I have no break in consciousness).

I'm guessing that's why your profile pic is a hand that looks like what you'd see in lucid dream? :)
I just looked up lucid dreaming on google images and chose the image that matches the size it had to be :D


Yeah that picture is a painting I did of my LD hand. Interestingly my hand in LDs appears various ways, I never know how it is going to look. Im currently in the process of doing some artwork in which my hand had some different, very strange things when I looked at it.

I rarely nowdays use my hand for things (I dont tend to reality check in my dreams) and its probably been over a year since I used looking at my hand for dream stabilization but I do still find my hand and its appearance interesting. If I used my hand for both those other reasons, it does work okay for me.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
btifuldreamer
Posts: 205
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 01:36
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: A Real Guide To Wild

Postby btifuldreamer » 30 Jun 2013 07:58

taniaaust1 wrote:I agree.. dont grasp the free flowing images, let them flow, observe the flow. Its possible to think about a place (where you wish to be) but do it in such a way in which your mind is still freely drifting and having thoughts around the idea of a place, daydreaming about it. In this case you have your subject of focus but you are allowing your mind to flow.
This stuff is very hard to explain, I hope you can understand what Im trying to say.

Yeah i understand :) You can think of a place but don't try to sculpt every detail of it, let your mind do it. one question i've been meaning to ask, if you realize you are dreaming and you are lucid, will your hand return to normal or will it still look weird. Also, in non lucid dreams i think i read somewhere you can't pick up things, I hope this isn't true or when you become lucid you can touch and pick p anything.
You should go onto the chat room tania :D Check my signature vv


Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest