What Technique is this?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Goldkoron

What Technique is this?

Postby Goldkoron » 04 Jul 2013 05:03

Last night, I came up with the idea of imagining that I would see a blue sky with a cloud in the shape of an L(for lucid) in my dreams. And when I went to sleep, I indeed did see the blue sky with the L cloud, I became lucid for a second, then woke up immediately after.

I am still a beginner at lucid dreaming, but I have managed a few uncontrollable dreams.
Do a reality check

Highlander

Re: What Technique is this?

Postby Highlander » 04 Jul 2013 11:46

I do this also and it has helped me doing stuff that i wanted on lucid dreams. It helped me do the street bending technique like on the Inception movie. I did it because i imagined it before sleeping.
I guess this is called MILD. One of the tasks of MILD is visualizing your dream, so you can have it as you imagined it.

tea

Postby tea » 07 Jul 2013 14:46

yup, sounds like a simple MILD version.. pretty cool! :)

so you look up the sky in waking life, expecting the L? what a nice reality check! :D

you know the concept of reality checks, right?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 07 Jul 2013 19:10

Yes, the only reality check I use is stabbing the palm of my hand with a finger nail on my other hand.

The seeing the cloud is not a reality check really that I do in real life, I am imagining a scenario in which my brain will use later in the dream.
Do a reality check

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”