What techniques do Experienced LDers do?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
btifuldreamer

What techniques do Experienced LDers do?

Postby btifuldreamer » 23 Jul 2013 05:27

I, and i'm sure many others, would like to know what technique those of you that are experienced lucid dreamers use. Hopefully it can give me an idea of what the most common technique is and will give me my first lucid dream :D The technique i am trying at the moment is while im falling asleep i let my mind wander and think about whatever it/I want but still remind myself of my consciousnesses every now and then and hopefully i'll wake up in a lucid dream :) Is anyone trying this or having success with it?
Here is were i learned the technique:
http://www.dreamviews.com/attaining-lucidity/55302-real-easy-way-wild.html

Highlander

Re: What techniques do Experienced LDers do?

Postby Highlander » 23 Jul 2013 14:25

I don't have one favourite tecnhique because i'm trying some of tghem to see what works best. The ones i've been using lately and have resulted best for me are DEILD and B-MILD.
DEILD (Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream) - when i wake up from a dream, i try not to move and not open my eyes. I concentrate on the last dream, relax and wanting to enter another dream.
B-MILD (Breathing Induced MILD) - consists on saying a phrase (a mantra) of my choice during breath in and breath out until i fall asleep. For example: "I want to have (breath in)... a lucid dream (breath out)."

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 26 Jul 2013 12:19

Hmm. I'm doing something similar to your B-wild technique. I'll post a topic about it :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Aug 2013 01:42

I do all different things as I dont want to became "set" eg it becoming a habit, in having to do anything in a set manner. So what I do is just whatever suits my mood at the time.

For a newbie thou, I think its important to be consistant to really work out what can and cant work for you. Stick with a method for 3-4 weeks before passing any judgement onto how it is for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”