I could see my hands staying still, but I could feel them mo

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
lincolnbergeson

I could see my hands staying still, but I could feel them mo

Postby lincolnbergeson » 16 Aug 2013 23:16

I got my wisdom teeth out this morning. I was basically coherent immediately after the surgery, but I was super tired. I went to sleep when I got home, and had kind of a bizarre experience.
I kept having these short dreams and waking up in between them. After a few of these, I remembered to do a reality check (which in my case is pushing the fingers of my right hand through my left palm). It failed, but I couldn't see it. I was lying in my bed, and I could see my whole body lying totally still, but I felt my arms move.
They couldn't move freely, though. It's like I was trapped under a snow bank. Without being able to see my arms - or the snow, for that matter - I started scraping away. After a few minutes of this, I gave up and just had a regular dream, after which I woke up irl.
Is this a common phenomenon? What can I do if and when this happens in the future?

taniaaust1

Re: I could see my hands staying still, but I could feel the

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Aug 2013 00:19

I suggest reading my 17th August post http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1279&p=31968#p31968

I remembered to do a reality check (which in my case is pushing the fingers of my right hand through my left palm). It failed, but I couldn't see it. I was lying in my bed, and I could see my whole body lying totally still, but I felt my arms move.
They couldn't move freely, though. It's like I was trapped under a snow bank.

From what you said I think you had astral awareness coming in. It commonly causes one to feel like fingers, toes, legs, arms are moving laying totally still in bed. The astral body also commonly to beginners feels heavy or weighted or acts sluggishly. It would of been a great time to try to do an OBE.

If you ever find yourself in that situation again, I suggest to imagine yourself in another area of your bedroom away from your body (6ft away preferably) do this imagining as if you are in that place in 1st person and not in like a third person way of you being in your current location but only looking at yourself in that other place. Imagine really being in that other place. That will condense your astral energy away from your body a bit and into that place in your bedroom and help to transfer your waking consciousness over to that place to then take control of your astral form.

Another getting out of body technique is to imagine a rope above your body and use that rope to try to pull yourself out of your body with (drawing your energy up), imagine climbing the rope or I third method (is to imagine rolling out of bed in like a 1st person thing, with doing that you may suddenly astrally find yourself somewhere else).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lincolnbergeson

Re: I could see my hands staying still, but I could feel the

Postby lincolnbergeson » 17 Aug 2013 00:59

Thanks for all the information :)

It would of been a great time to try to do an OBE.

Dang! Let's hope it happens again sometime.

I haven't ever been fully lucid in a dream yet. I've had moments, but I haven't been able to do the full thing. I am kinda new to lucid dreaming in general.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”