Does anybody else DEILD?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
zebrafriek1

Does anybody else DEILD?

Postby zebrafriek1 » 08 Apr 2012 19:45

I had been trying to lucid dream for a month and had just gotten tired of dream journaling, reality checking, MILDing, and WBTB wasn't working for me. I am terrible at WILDing and realizing dreamsigns. Then i discovered DEILD. In 4 nights of attempting it, I had three lucid dreams. Each was 2-5 minutes long and each was very vivid. I like DEILD especially because it is a form of WILD so you go directly from wakefulness to dreaming. I am interested in knowing, what are youre experiences with DEILD.

WildCat23

Re: Does anybody else DEILD?

Postby WildCat23 » 09 Apr 2012 21:21

I've been trying to do this. How?
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

zebrafriek1

Postby zebrafriek1 » 10 Apr 2012 17:36

Step 1. You can wake up after a dream by having good recall and remembering when it ends or use an alarm clock that automatically shuts off after 5-10 seconds. If you use the alarm clock, set it to about 6 hours after you go to sleep give or take a few minutes. (I prefer the alarm clock because waking up after a dream is sort of hit or miss unless you are great at it).
Step 2. After waking up DON'T MOVE. Try not to even open up your eyes. This may sound difficult but it is actually easy because when you wake up at 3 in the morning, you dont want to move at all.
Step 3. If you woke up and havent moved at all then a dream should form around you in usually less than a minute. To transition into the dream, I like to envision it in more detail and imagine I am running or walking in it. There are many other ways to transition but i dont really like them.
DEILD is great because it has an extremely high success rate and is very quick. I hoped this helped.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Apr 2012 06:36

I'm pretty sure I accidentally did this method on one of my recent lucid dreams. I went immediately into dream state after closing my eyes, it was so fast there wasn't time to lose awareness or even think about doing a WILD, etc. Great lucid dream too, especially since I was lucid right at the beginning so it went quite a while. That one was kind of strange because I kept thinking about my body lying in bed and wondering if it was moving around. The whole is really crazy.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

thomas

Postby thomas » 11 Apr 2012 19:52

Yes, I discovered this in the last few weeks. A lot easier than a WILD - easier to keep the mind uncluttered and just flow into the dream. I have been able to go back into the same dream by using a question. For example, "I wonder what is on the other side of that fence?" or "What did that sign say?" The intent of this has put me back in the same dream lucidly. Hope I explained this clearly.

SydTheCat

Postby SydTheCat » 15 Apr 2012 01:33

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a try.
What does DEILD stand for?

thomas

Postby thomas » 16 Apr 2012 02:20

DEILD = Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 Apr 2012 01:22

I wrote an article about this for my website a year and a bit ago... before I learned of the "DEILD" term, I called it the "Eyes Closed/Body Still" technique... I still do actually. LoL

SpiritualShawn on the Astral Viewers posted an interesting question about keeping your eyes shut when you wake up to help you to project.

Ok so I want to practice waking up in the morning without opening my eyes or moving? How can I do this? It seems like in the mornings I usually find myself rolling around while waking up or my eyes are already open by the time I realize im awake.

I know If I wake myself up super early and induce a lucid dream I should be able to gently bring myself back to physical conscious (waking up) without moving much because I am already aware in the dream. Other than that I really don’t know how to go about doing this as after waking up in the morning would seem like a practical time for a conscious exit, (for me atleast).

Any tips?

I don’t have any direct tips, but it did remind me of the ONE time I managed to do this… and I’ll recount it here in hopes it has something that might help someone do the same.

So, the one time I managed to do this I was already in a lucid dream (the LD was me in this room full of toilets and urinals… I know, strange LOL) and I began to feel that usual feeling of ‘waking up’. My vision went to black and I felt the shift… I knew I was back in the physical, lying in my bed, and it happened so smoothly that I didn’t bother to open my eyes. I figured I’d go back to sleep, and within what felt like one minute I slipped back into my lucid dream at the exact point I had left, in the toilet-filled room. A couple minutes into this lucid dream, I, again, felt myself waking up… I kept my eyes closed for that waking as well.

I kept doing this over and over… four times, each time I woke up faster and faster. The fifth time, I got into the lucid dream and I immediately began waking up. I initiated my spinning thing to ground and keep myself within the lucid dream… but it didn’t work and had a secondary effect of causing me to have a classic OBE experience where I felt my arms float up and the rest of me follow. I opened my eyes and I was floating down towards the foot of my bed. This lasted about 10 seconds, when I came back to the physical.

So that’s the only experience I can remember where I managed to not open my eyes upon waking up.

Many times I’ve read stories of people doing this exact thing to project… well, all I can say is that it does work IF you can remember to not open your eyes when you wake. For me, it was a matter of already being lucid in the dream and sensing when I was waking so I could prepare myself to do it.

Hopefully this helps someone.

http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/09/26/phasing-method-dont-open-your-eyes-when-you-wake/
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 14 Jun 2012 23:16

Well if you move even a little bit will it ruin your chances? because my alarm goes for like 5 minutes so i have to turn it off but its only my arm moving.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 15 Jun 2012 09:44

SGraham wrote:Well if you move even a little bit will it ruin your chances? because my alarm goes for like 5 minutes so i have to turn it off but its only my arm moving.

Not moving a single muscle is the key here. I just spotted this thread and want to try it, so you and I both have to look for a new clock, that only sounds once for 5-10 seconds.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”