wild how to make the jump into dream

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
napper9606

wild how to make the jump into dream

Postby napper9606 » 16 Sep 2013 20:00

Hi guys I just had my lucid dream a few days ago. It was awesome so i'm trying to have another one with wild!

I feel i'm very close the past few nights. I see some HI not a whole lot just the shapes and blobs. Then this mini movie starts playing in my head. Before I knew about lucid whenever this movie came my mind would take over and I would fall asleep. But while i'm aware and staring at the shapes slowly drifting off. The movie starts playing and it can be about what I did that day pie something random. I know i'm drifting off to sleep then so I try to put myself in theov movie being aware and nothing happens my mind takes over

When I try to just view it I fall asleep as usual. What an I doing wrong? Should I focus on the HI more cause that's how u get in a dream or am I on the right track and just need to view the movie our keep trying to visualize me in the movie and the details of it. Amy options our personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Creator

Re: wild how to make the jump into dream

Postby Creator » 16 Sep 2013 20:43

Yeah, I fall asleep too. I don't understand..

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Sep 2013 01:16

I rarely use images to pull me into a WILD as images are usually my last LD sense to come in as I have the other senses often come in first when I WILD, but having said that maybe I still could give some helpful advice as I have some experience with WILD. Hopefully someone who has WILDs usually by HI will answer you.

so I try to put myself in the movie

When you are trying to put yourself into the movie, how are you doing this? Are you doing it by trying to "see" yourself there as in someone who is watching yourself or are you trying to put yourself there by actually feeling yourself to be there and trying to see things out of the view as if you were already in that movie scene looking out from that other place?

It would be better to imagine yourself being there as if you are really there as in first person rather then as someone who is trying to imagine watching oneself (I hope I havent confused you by what Im trying to say but I currently dont know which way you are trying to put yourself into the scene)

IF you cant take yourself to the scene, try to instead pulling the scene or what you see towards you (or make the scene you see bigger and bigger). It should enlarge as you bring it closer and closer, till you are surrounded by the scene and actually there in it. I did a WILD into a very small patch of colour. The inch patch of colour ended up being the wall paper in the LD pub scene once I was surrounded by it. I didnt have to think of it being that, it created that for itself once I made the colour bigger and ended up merged with it).

Should I focus on the HI more cause that's how u get in a dream or am I on the right track and just need to view the movie our keep trying to visualize me in the movie and the details of it.

I dont know what is usually the "best" way to do it with that and hence Im hoping another more experienced in HI responds. When I do my WILDs I tend to be guided a lot by my own intuition on what it feels right for me to be doing to achieve a successful WILD but if you cant intuit.. it may have to be a case of trying the various ways till you work out what is best for you.

What I do know is its very important to stay relaxed and trying too hard can hinder a WILD.

Have you tried to instead of "just viewing" that movie, have you thought about reaching out (not physically) to the things in that movie to try to "feel" them or think more along the lines of interacting with what you are seeing? It could be helpful to try to trigger your other senses into the scene. For a very active WILD (not passive where you just watch something and end up into one), you may have to work to engage senses into it.

on the other hand it could work better for you if you didnt try as hard and just passively watched the scene not trying anything while focused on your own physical body in some way while you go to sleep (focused on your physical body so you hopefully wont loose your awareness of that you have your body in bed and hopefully then just suddenly smooth transition into a WILD the moment you actually go to sleep). One way to keep focus on the physical body is to observe your breathing in some way. (I often do a chant in time with my physical breathing ..thinking HAM on the breath in throu my nose and then do a breath out from my mouth sometimes like sighing "SAH".. its a yogic breath technique or you could think and use words like "I will" "lucid dream" in time with your breath)

Which way would work better for you, try to engage more with your HI or not, I've no idea. You will need to experiment with it all more and work it out but if it was me, I'd probably be trying to engage with the visuals more first in various ways you havent tried already. Its a very handy skill to learn to actively pull oneself into a WILD rather then more passively enter into one just cause you've fallen asleep aware.

Active WILD and Passive WILD :D , terms Ive just made up as I have never read anything on there being two different forms of WILD but Ive just realised from my own experiences and thinking about them more, there actually is. (maybe I should somehow copywrite my info lol, I have had things Ive come up including a term stolen and put into a book 1-2 other times). I'd love to write a book on LD one day and the various methods and may well end up doing so.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Sep 2013 16:31

Sounds like you're getting close, if there are dream scenes playing and you still have awareness. Just keep trying eventually you will be able to do it. I try to imagine myself stepping into the dream scene and that has worked for me. I have been able to make my dream body walk into these scenes with intention. To me, being successful with lucid dreaming is all about learning to use the power of intention. It's different than just "thinking hard" or concentrating on something. It's deeper than that and a difficult thing to describe and use at will. But it is a very useful thing to learn because it has an effect in waking life too, though not as much as your own dreams which you alone control.

Another really important thing about WILD is that you have already had 5 or so hours of sleep, if you try it before then it's too difficult and you will always fail in the way you describe.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 06:40

lucidinthe sky wrote:To me, being successful with lucid dreaming is all about learning to use the power of intention. It's different than just "thinking hard" or concentrating on something. It's deeper than that and a difficult thing to describe and use at will.

I thought lucidinthe sky's comment is a great one. Ive never thought before about how intention is different to "thinking hard" and is deeper but that is so right. One can do something with intent without hard thought, intention can be like a knowing that you can do something and then just go and do it (sometimes without even without dwelling on it at all).

The good thing about WILD is that it can be done any time of the night or day, I started learning about WILD and first started doing this before I went to sleep or in the afternoon, Ive never tried a WILD after a few hours of sleep (maybe in my case what helps is that Im experienced at meditation??). Unlike other LD techniques WILD does not have to be done in a sleep state at all and can be also done in deep meditation states.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Sep 2013 05:20

taniaaust1 wrote:
lucidinthe sky wrote:To me, being successful with lucid dreaming is all about learning to use the power of intention. It's different than just "thinking hard" or concentrating on something. It's deeper than that and a difficult thing to describe and use at will.

I thought lucidinthe sky's comment is a great one. Ive never thought before about how intention is different to "thinking hard" and is deeper but that is so right. One can do something with intent without hard thought, intention can be like a knowing that you can do something and then just go and do it (sometimes without even without dwelling on it at all).

I think this idea is really the most important thing I learned so far from lucid dreaming so I'm really glad you can also recognize and appreciate the value of it. Controlling intent is kind of an elusive thing, it takes a surprisingly small effort, most of the effort is just finding the right door to open so to say.

Do think more about it though and if you get any insights, please pass them along. Still feel as though I've only scratched the surface on this. This whole thing is still a new concept for me.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”