Hypnagogia - Help Needed!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DreamyRoamer

Hypnagogia - Help Needed!

Postby DreamyRoamer » 18 Sep 2013 18:26

I used to too see all those blobs of colour and such when I was little, and I could enter my dreams easily by observing them. I was really good at it, especially in daytime when it was light. However when I try it now I have come across two very annoying problems. It has been a long time since I paid attention to the colour blobs, and when I found out I could use them to WILD, I was really interested!

The first thing is I suck at doing it in daytime now! I see nothing, not even the blood in my eyelid's, which if im right should be observable. I don't know, it's just easier at night now :( But I would really like to know why this happened. I used to be so good at it :o

The second thing is when I try to focus on the darkness of my eyelids, or the colour, I have developed such an annoying habit of slowly opening my eyes. It's just... So frustrating! I used to never do this! :evil:

I hope someone knows how to help both of these, thanks!
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

chuckeles

Re: Hypnagogia - Help Needed!

Postby chuckeles » 19 Sep 2013 20:32

DreamyRoamer wrote:The second thing is when I try to focus on the darkness of my eyelids, or the colour, I have developed such an annoying habit of slowly opening my eyes. It's just... So frustrating! I used to never do this!

I do the same thing! As soon as I focus on stuff I see, my eyes begin to slowly open. So I always have to keep at least a bit focused on my eyelids, so they don't open. When I become relaxed enough, this annoying thing disappears, though.
Do a reality check.

My fist lucid dream will be awesome!

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 19 Sep 2013 20:39

chuckeles wrote:I do the same thing! As soon as I focus on stuff I see, my eyes begin to slowly open. So I always have to keep at least a bit focused on my eyelids, so they don't open. When I become relaxed enough, this annoying thing disappears, though.

I know! It's so annoying! I am so close and then I open my eyes stupidly! I'm going to try tonight because I tend to see colours easily when I'm tired so I'm going to bed late. I hope it disappears like you said :(

Creator

Postby Creator » 20 Sep 2013 02:24

Keep your eyes open.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 21 Sep 2013 21:30

It sometimes helps me to close my eyes with my fingers and then... like... sort of push them, or glue them together... Sometimes they stick together, if that makes any sense :D. It's the same like when you wake up in the morning and your eyes stick closed.
Do a reality check.

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 21 Sep 2013 21:45

chuckeles wrote:It sometimes helps me to close my eyes with my fingers and then... like... sort of push them, or glue them together... Sometimes they stick together, if that makes any sense . It's the same like when you wake up in the morning and your eyes stick closed.

Genius lol! I just tried it, glad to say it works! I don't know how, but It works! xD

Oh by the way another question, I was wondering if the colours of the blobs, etc means anything? I always see purple that washes across my eyes or fades to black, almost like the waves in the ocean coming up a beach if that makes sense. It's not a dream scene or anything, don't get me wrong, I mean it just looks like that. It's always purple, but I heard other people see green and yellows.

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 22 Sep 2013 18:36

DreamyRoamer wrote:Genius lol! I just tried it, glad to say it works! I don't know how, but It works! xD

Nice to hear that :D.

I'm curious, how long did it approximately take for you to see those colors? I tried WILD several times, but I never got to see anything. I either fell asleep, or gave up. :cry:
Do a reality check.

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 22 Sep 2013 20:03

chuckeles wrote:Nice to hear that .

^^

chuckeles wrote:I'm curious, how long did it approximately take for you to see those colors? I tried WILD several times, but I never got to see anything. I either fell asleep, or gave up.

Well I was at a relatives yesterday napping and I just... I dunno, saw it. Apart from yesterday, I'm having trouble as well. Before I knew about WILD, I used to see it when I was very tired and staying up late. I try now and it's almost impossible, even when I stay up late. It doesn't make sense, I swear I saw it before!

EDIT - Actually, now that I think of it, I have been trying when I go to bed. I just remembered, don't you have to set an alarm that goes off 4-6 hours after your asleep? Still doesn't make sense how I saw it when I was super tired, but I can't believe I forgotten that!!! :lol: Too bad I don't have an alarm :/ I guess I could always try when I'm having an afternoon nap like I did at my relatives, that seemed to work.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”