Are my daydreams preventing Lucid Dreams

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Guitar48300

Are my daydreams preventing Lucid Dreams

Postby Guitar48300 » 14 Oct 2013 15:53

It's been 2 months since my last lucid dream. And ever since I started lucid dreaming, no matter what I do I usually got 1 per month. Even when I do easy techniques like SSILD I seem to get the same results.
I wonder if my reasons for being unsuccessful is because of my constant daydreaming. From the moment I awake to the moment I fall asleep my mind seems to be rapidly flowing hundreds of thoughts into my head. Even when something needs my attention I will still partially have a song or a game or a plan on my mind. This happens especially at night when I'm trying to sleep or do lucid dream techniques.
When I did MILD i would always be in bed thinking "I will have a lucid dream" and the two seconds in between me saying that over and over something would pop into my mind and eventually cause me to lose focus, and/or I'd finish and then my thoughts would take control.
Same thing when I tried Meditation, Subliminal Audio and SSILD. Could my ongoing daydreams be the cause of my lack of lucid dreaming?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

R99

Re: Are my daydreams preventing Lucid Dreams

Postby R99 » 27 Nov 2013 06:33

i dont think that daydreaming is gonna cost you LD. in my experience WILD is the only method that demands the peace of mind. if u r doing DILD or MILD or whatever, u just need to recognize wen u r dreaming thats the the main cue in all other method besides WILD. To have LD u need complete faith in u. dont give up, and plz dont try hard ;) u know wat am saying... right.???
I see the Truth now.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 27 Nov 2013 23:37

R99 wrote:i dont think that daydreaming is gonna cost you LD. in my experience WILD is the only method that demands the peace of mind. if u r doing DILD or MILD or whatever, u just need to recognize wen u r dreaming thats the the main cue in all other method besides WILD. To have LD u need complete faith in u. dont give up, and plz dont try hard ;) u know wat am saying... right.???

Yeah, I do.
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Dec 2013 02:01

I think you are just being too tough on yourself.. one lucid dream a month is actually quite normal for those learning.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 05 Dec 2013 02:09

taniaaust1 wrote:I think you are just being too tough on yourself.. one lucid dream a month is actually quite normal for those learning.

But the thing is they arent really satisfying enough. Lately they are usually 1-2 minutes long, however im gonna rub my hands next time I become lucid, and I rarely get to go anywhere, meet anyone or do anything I want. I recently came up with a plan for the next time I get lucky, but I'm not sure how promising the results could be.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”