WILD log thingmabob

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DeltaV

WILD log thingmabob

Postby DeltaV » 31 Oct 2013 17:32

It has been so long since I've had a lucid dream, so I thought I'd just try my hand at WILDing again. Not neccessarily to actually perform a WILD, but just to keep myself interested. Gonna keep a log here of every attempt to WILD.

31-10-2013
??:?? to 16:20
Lay on my back on the bed of my parents. Was wearing a vest. Concentrated on visualizing a walk through a forest, derailed into a little bit of daydreaming. Observed daydream and attempted to recognize parts of it. Hypnagogia kicked in, which caught my attention. Insides of eyelids became darker, darkness was swirly. Yellowish green colours appeared occasionally. Behaviour consists of repeating a certain pattern over and over, usually a vague ring of colour coming from outside the field of view and shrinking into the middle. Attempts to control mildly successful. Was able to make the colour move in large circles, could not shape it further. Any attempts to shape it just resulted in the colour going back to its original pattern or repeating the current pattern.
Having trouble with keeping the eyelids closed. Swallowed occasionally. Numbness kicked in. Numbness wore off. Not entirely sure if this was actually the body falling asleep, or the body running a check to see if my brain was asleep. Next time I should wait +-10 minutes after numbness kicks in, preferably without trying to influence it further.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

DeltaV

Re: WILD log thingmabob

Postby DeltaV » 23 Nov 2013 23:02

Probably gonna try again tomorrow, I have so much to do, and so little time to try and do fun stuff.

Falling asleep stuff

-Lying down, eyes closed
-after x minutes weak hypnagogia, moving blackness, sensations of movement can be induced
(blackness can oddly enough also be seen with eyes open, when the eyes are unfocused, parts of vision will be partially and gradually obscured by blackness, unstable and vanishes after focusing)
-asleep, --unless WILD
--after x more minutes stronger hypnagogia (not sure, only occurred during WILD attempts, only occurred when I focused on hypnagogia, otherwise remained weak)
--odd itching sensations, especially near nose
--odd feeling, feelinglesess, surges through body, heartbeat rate increases?
--eyes refuse to stay closed properly when focusing on hypna, every time something interesting seems to happen it's just my eyelids being pricks
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 24 Nov 2013 18:07

24-11-2013
17:10-18:00
Not much of interest happened, sadly. Hypnagogia vanished and reappeared for some reason, the 'feelinglessness' occurred about three times throughout the attempt. I am still not sure how this whole falling asleep thing works, this seems to be my central problem. If I can fall asleep, the WILD should go smoothly.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 28 Nov 2013 16:03

Searched for guides on WILD. Apparently, focusing on lying still is the wrong thing to do, moving doesn't have too much of an impact as long as you don't move too much.
Gonna try again, this time at night.

R99

Postby R99 » 29 Nov 2013 07:11

am trying too, if something comes up, will help u.
I see the Truth now.

R99

Postby R99 » 03 Dec 2013 14:14

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html, i read it just one time. after it i tried the very moment, and what u know it worked. but the pulling sensation made me awake. its my first SP experience. really cool. it took me 1.45 hrs to get in SP.
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Dec 2013 00:50

. Apparently, focusing on lying still is the wrong thing to do, moving doesn't have too much of an impact as long as you don't move too much.

The most important thing is that you are comfortable!! so if you need to move move.

The only thing which can be a bad idea for some to start doing is scratching as sometimes if itches are paid attention to, ones awareness of those can increase till one gets more and more itches. So sometimes those are best ignored.

I think you need to try to ignore what your eyes are doing more, you seem a bit hung up on them (some even sleep with their eyes a bit open) .. or you could try to cover them to help them stay shut. You may even get into a dream and not know it as you may feel your dream eyes opening and think they are your waking ones.

I am still not sure how this whole falling asleep thing works

I know you are waiting to fall asleep but with WILD, you may not even notice you have gone to sleep. It can be a smooth transition to a LD with you fully awake the whole time. You may not know you are asleep till you find yourself elsewhere or find something strange going on in your room. It is quite possible to even miss when you have started to dream as the transition can be so smooth. One may not even notice a wake up at all either seeing ones mind is already fully awake. Be careful not to miss the WILD state.

Concentrated on visualizing a walk through a forest, derailed into a little bit of daydreaming.

That can be good, if you have started to daydream, you are dreaming some at that point. So that is a good sign (daydreaming is something I aim for during a WILD, it helps me to know when Im getting very close). You may be trying to keep too strong a control over your mind and not to daydream and hence stopping your WILD. You need to start to dream for a WILD so hence you need to let your mind go and start freely manifesting things (the trick is in not completely loosing your awareness and having it keep checking into things IF its leaving briefly at times).

Behaviour consists of repeating a certain pattern over and over, usually a vague ring of colour coming from outside the field of view and shrinking into the middle. Attempts to control mildly successful. Was able to make the colour move in large circles, could not shape it further. Any attempts to shape it just resulted in the colour going back to its original pattern or repeating the current pattern.

I would of been very happy to have something like that appear and would of used it to help me to enter a dream. Its an idea thing to use for an entry point.

Next time you get something like this.. instead of trying to "alter the rings" try instead to become truely part of what you are experiencing eg "follow" that ring of colour in like first person (energy) ..not watch it but try to go with it. Let it drag you in.

It should of lead you into the dream by pulling you in (seeing the rings were moving from out to in). If you followed consciously with your focus and allowed yourself to move with it (it would of been like travelling down a tunnel).. you would of probably once it got to the centre .. popped out into a dreamscape of some kind. That's a great lead in for a WILD.

I sometimes have to manually do all the work to get myself into the dream eg say I get a very small patch 1 inch by 1 inch of colour as an image, I have to work to expand it and put myself inside of it.. but you already had a thing to draw you in and the dream would of naturally expanded out around you had you known how to use the rings.

I think in your case it sounds like you you just need to let your mind go a little more and the big thing is to learn how to work successfully with what you are getting. I suggest to try to get yourself "inside of your dream" not be viewing what you see as parts, separate to you. (Its very hard to explain and I dont think Im doing a very good job at explaining it, I hope Im not confusing you).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 21 Dec 2013 17:03

Thanks! I'm gonna try this out tonight (force myself to write my dreams down right after I wake up should keep me concious long enough to remember what to do).

I think in your case it sounds like you you just need to let your mind go a little more and the big thing is to learn how to work successfully with what you are getting. I suggest to try to get yourself "inside of your dream" not be viewing what you see as parts, separate to you. (Its very hard to explain and I dont think Im doing a very good job at explaining it, I hope Im not confusing you).

So, basically, I AM the dream? Makes sense, actually.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 22 Dec 2013 21:05

So last night, I had a little success with WILD/DEILD. No special feeling occurred or anything, all that happened is that my mental image became more real. I believe I got stuck in the transition, as the dream was very unstable and collapsed very quickly.
It was an interesting experience though. The dream was kinda like a screen, and I could shrink its size. Gonna try it again tonight.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jan 2014 06:29

DeltaV wrote:So last night, I had a little success with WILD/DEILD. No special feeling occurred or anything, all that happened is that my mental image became more real. I believe I got stuck in the transition, as the dream was very unstable and collapsed very quickly.
It was an interesting experience though. The dream was kinda like a screen, and I could shrink its size. Gonna try it again tonight.

oh no.. dont shrink the screen/dream. That would make a person loose it and end the dream. You need to enlarge it and keep doing so till you end up in it.

Its like on a rare occassion where I get a very small patch of an image.. eg a 1 inch by 1 inch still image. When I enlarge it, one can suddenly end up in it without even trying (and that patch then will become the pattern on the wallpaper or something else in my dream).

Technique and knowing how to get onself into the dream can be a major factor in successfully doing a WILD. With WILDs stabilization can become quite important too as you noticed, they can start out extremely unstable.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”