2D animated cartoons on WILDs

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Highlander

2D animated cartoons on WILDs

Postby Highlander » 17 Nov 2013 00:55

Today i had my 4th successful WILD attempt. I have noticed something curious that has been recurring in this experiences.
When the WILD is kicking in (body vibrating, buzz sound), the first images that start to take form has been animated cartoons. The first time it was a bear on roller blades. The 2nd one it was Stimpy from Ren & Stimpy. The 3rd it was a girl like Jessica Rabbit and today it was a dog talking to a guy. All in 2d animation.
Why is that these kind of images appear first on my WILDs? Does this happen to you too?

HAGART

Re: 2D animated cartoons on WILDs

Postby HAGART » 17 Nov 2013 03:36

Not cartoons, but I have seen 2D images before a lucid dream kicks in. They look like photographs, and then start to animate in a choppy way as if I am only seeing every 10 frames or so. Then it can get faster and faster and smoother and then 'poof', I'm in, and a part of it and it's 3D.

It's quite rare for me, but I've had that happen a few times.

I've also gone the other way and was in a lucid dream once when suddenly it all became 2D like a cartoon. But I was able to choose where I looked and which direction I went, but was more like looking at a cartoony video game on a 2D screen with vibrant colors!

I don't know why either, but I know what you mean and can imagine it.

On another note:
(Just the other day, as a small part of a non-lucid dream, I was watching an episode of Ren+Stimpy where Stimpy goes to a barber. I had never seen it before, but my brother in the dream had already seen it. He said it was the third episode, and saw it long ago, so he left and I followed. When I woke up later I realized, oh yea, it doesn't exist! There is no barber episode is there?)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 17 Nov 2013 13:21

I don't remember if there's a Ren & Stimpy barber episode. But there's a lot of shaving in some episodes. :D

In a non-lucid dream i was in an office with the characters from the Simpsons. And all of the office was drawn too. Curious.

Today i had another WILD. Man, i'm getting the hang of this. Cool. And, once more, it started with 2d animation.
I see blackness and my body is vibrating. Then i see a little point of light far away. it begins to aproach me. It's an animated fairy (like Tinkerbell). She flies a little in front of me, then disappears. This image is replaced by a rectangle with an animated series going on (like i was watching it on a tablet). I kept focusing on the animation while i get out of bed (my WILDs always start with me lying on the bed, which can be a bit of a struggle to not wake up). When i got up and realized that i was in a stabilized dream, i discarded the tablet and went on my way.

A good thing about this little 2d animation characters is that it allows me to focus on them, helping to stabilize the dream. It's like my subconscious is saying to me:
-"I'm on the processing of creating a dream for you. In the meantime, here's a cartoon for you to watch while i'm doing it."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Nov 2013 20:07

Or another way of looking at it is:
Dreams don't start instantaneously and there is a process that takes time for it to develop. Like a Polaroid picture slowly developing. (<- some kids today may have no idea what that is! ;) They may not know what Ren and Stimpy is either. There certainly is a lot of shaving in that show, especially at Yaksmas Eve and Yak Shaving Day! :lol: )

When it comes to the dream though it's not just the visuals that develop, but also all the other senses too. Sometimes touch comes before the visuals and sometimes sound is first. They all kick in at different times and in different orders.

Another thing our brain has is, Spacial Awareness. I don't know the exact region of the brain responsible for it, but that too can be absent for a bit, and then kick in later. I think that would explain the 2D dream vs. a 3D dream. When the dream is 2D, our spacial awareness hasn't started yet. (Just a theory).

It's a interesting feeling, being lucid and yet separate from what you see, and then suddenly becoming a part of it. One time I was watching HI and strange, abstract images started to form and change. One finally remained and the only way I can describe is that it looked like an abstract painting of a frog on a lillypad in a colorful swamp. (It was abstract and yet I knew what it was). I then looked to my left and I was in a hallway now and it was 3D. The last image I saw, was now a painting on the wall in the 3D dream!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Peter

Postby Peter » 18 Nov 2013 09:15

I had one insane WILD a few months back and I easily entered into the dream fully lucid but it was a total cartoon scene. It was insane and I was killing myself with laughter and also wondering what was going on. I was fully lucid and had my dream body but was interacting with a cartoon world and characters to match. It did not last long as I bought myself out of it and had no idea what to make of the dream.
This has happened twice ever and even in the dream world is odd
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”