Has anyone tried any techniques from 'the Art of Dreaming'

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
AscendedSleeper

Has anyone tried any techniques from 'the Art of Dreaming'

Postby AscendedSleeper » 14 Apr 2012 15:12

Hi,

Has anyone tried any of the the following techniques from 'the Art of Dreaming' by Carlos Castaneda?:*

1. Twin positions (i.e. falling asleep in a certain position, then falling asleep in the exact same position inside a lucid dream, in order to awaken in a new, more concrete lucid dream?)

2. Isolating an inorganic scout / calling a scout?

3. Journeying to the inorganic world?

4. Circling the roof of your mouth (palate) with the tip of your tongue, in order to boost dreaming attention?

Wishing you Lucidity,

A.S.

p.s. I've got a love/hate relationship with Castaneda.

I love how bizarre his ideas are.

But I dislike his authoritarian side, and his paranoid theory of the flyers leeching our awareness.

Personally, I believe every belief system is true, once you attune to it. But I choose only to tune into the poetic side of Castaneda.

* personally:

1. Yes, fluked it first time. The resulting lucid dream was so real it scared me. I flew over the river by my house, noticing how it was frozen. Then I saw something waving from a silver birch tree. It landed in my garden, revealing itself as my childhood teddy, grown six foot tall.

The way it moved was hypnotically graceful, as if it had far more frames of animation than the movements of people or animals in daily life.

I embraced it, and it fell to the snowy ground, left crushed and lifeless.

Castaneda would have labelled it an inorganic scout. The inorganic beings would have scanned my subconscious, then projected an alluring form. By hugging the teddy, I absorbed its energy.

2. More recently I became lucid in a dream set on a rusty, derelict train. I said 'scout, come to me.' It appeared as a ribbon made from stars. I said 'take me to your world,' but the dream crashed and I woke up. As I did, a voice taunted me, with a lot of swearing. 'It's what you ---- want.'

3. Did this once. The scouts were those creepy porcelain dolls. They moved like my bear, with super-fluid animation.
I said 'take me to your world.' The lucid dream went fuzzy, then a new scene appeared. I was in a room with ribbons tied to the ceiling, and lots of women. One of them said 'you can have sex with me later, if you want. But there's not much else to do here. Just flower-arranging.'
I stupidly voiced my intent as 'I don't want to stay here.'

This was before account 2.

I now would consider staying there but, under Castaneda's rules, my decision was final. Which might be why the voice (dreaming emissary?) mocked my attempt to get back in.

4. This worked a bit.

Ebony Wolf

Re: Has anyone tried any techniques from 'the Art of Dreamin

Postby Ebony Wolf » 14 Apr 2012 23:40

The star ribbon catches my curiosity the most. A Ribbon made of stars. Odd. I had a dream last night. I had become a wolf, and I guess my visions were recording 'The Hunger Games' movie because I found myself in a battle with a group of other wolves. The difference? We were on teams.

Anyways. While I jumped from rooftops, attempting to run away from a wolf, I looked up and noticed a pattern of stars that looked like a circle, only with two spirals jetting out of it. Like the milky way galaxy in a top view.

What was your version of the star ribbon? Like, just a normal ribbon?

I would become lucid and confront it. That's the only way youll be able to figure it out yourself without the help of somebody.
So..anyone else find new music annoying? I only like older songs. Dat Sinatra. <3

I LOVE YOU. Unless I don't. In which case I do? ..Was that confusing enough?

AscendedSleeper

Postby AscendedSleeper » 15 Apr 2012 11:33

Hi Ebony Wolf,

My version of the star ribbon was like an upright spiral.

If you can imagine some DNA, minus one helix? A helix made from stars.

I'm kinda obessed with stars, moons, any astral symbols like that.

A.S.

Ebony Wolf

Postby Ebony Wolf » 15 Apr 2012 16:03

I am highly interested in anything astronomical. Planets, stars, moons. One of my dream signs, actually, is a full moon.

Good luck!
So..anyone else find new music annoying? I only like older songs. Dat Sinatra. <3

Ebony Wolf

Postby Ebony Wolf » 15 Apr 2012 16:08

I am interested in that also. I study anything astronomical.

Good luck with everything, though!

LucidDreamNews

Postby LucidDreamNews » 17 Apr 2012 01:55

I haven't tried circling the roof of my mouth with the tip of my tongue yet. I'll try it out and let you know the results. Usually I glance at my hands and rub them together to increase my awareness and stabilize my dream. I highly recommend Castaneda's The Art of Dreaming to anyone interested in lucid dream story telling.
Best wishes,
LucidDreamNews.com

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”