What Did I Do Wrong?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Creator

What Did I Do Wrong?

Postby Creator » 29 Nov 2013 14:00

I attempted the WILD, and failed, but I don't know the right steps...
Here's how I tried it.
1. I have my eyes closed, waiting for the hypnagogia / sensations.
2. I have a regular dream (I remembered it, but it was 't lucid.)

What the hell happened? I was waiting for the hypnagogia, sensations, paralysis, and etc. So I can start the visualizing part. But I fell asleep before I can even experience the hypnagogia...?

What are the steps for a WILD?
Like,
And so on.

Also, I want real replies. Not "ya, dat happend 2 me also hehehehe".

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

lucidinthe sky

Re: What Did I Do Wrong?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Nov 2013 18:01

There are lots of instructions for all of the different methods of lucid dreaming on this site and other places on the internet. It doesn't make sense for anyone here to repeat them to every person who asks: usually one a day at least.

It takes a lot of time and patience to learn WILD so don't expect immediate results. One of the important things is to get at least 5 hours of sleep before trying and don't expect to experience sleep paralysis since it is very rare. Good luck!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 29 Nov 2013 19:18

It sounds like you lost the grips of your real body too soon, taking you into a regular dream.
Remember to always keep yourself in the back of your mind to avoid you losing consciousness too early

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Dec 2013 01:52

Rebecca has an article on WILD that you should find if you seek it out.

To WILD one firstly has the get the body relaxed enough while still being awake.

You could of used relaxation techniques to do that eg progressive body relaxation or something else to get relaxed properly. WILD can be a fairly "active technique" (in that one is working to get into the right state) rather then just being about laying there awaiting images to occur.

If you do this and fall asleep unaware every time... you may then need to try it during the daytime when maybe you wont just fall into a non LD (trying to WILD while tired can cause some just to fall into a regular dream).

What the hell happened? I was waiting for the hypnagogia, sensations, paralysis,

It doesnt necessarily do that either..sometimes it can lead straight into a LD without hardly any of the other stuff at all thou often sensations or hypnagogia does happen.

I think before you try WILD again, you really need to read up on it first so check out Rebeccas WILD info

For successful WILDs, I find a lot of technique comes into it (probably more technique then any other method).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Creator

Postby Creator » 05 Dec 2013 14:02

taniaaust1 wrote:Rebecca has an article on WILD that you should find if you seek it out.

To WILD one firstly has the get the body relaxed enough while still being awake.

You could of used relaxation techniques to do that eg progressive body relaxation or something else to get relaxed properly. WILD can be a fairly "active technique" (in that one is working to get into the right state) rather then just being about laying there awaiting images to occur.

If you do this and fall asleep unaware every time... you may then need to try it during the daytime when maybe you wont just fall into a non LD (trying to WILD while tired can cause some just to fall into a regular dream).

What the hell happened? I was waiting for the hypnagogia, sensations, paralysis,

It doesnt necessarily do that either..sometimes it can lead straight into a LD without hardly any of the other stuff at all thou often sensations or hypnagogia does happen.

I think before you try WILD again, you really need to read up on it first so check out Rebeccas WILD info

For successful WILDs, I find a lot of technique comes into it (probably more technique then any other method).

Okay. I read it. I'll try the visualization method. My visualizing is always so vivid.

When I read Rebecca's article on visualization, it didn't work, well. I thought I was supposed to actually see an oak tree.

But now, after a long while, I read it again, it said "You don't actually see it, you just have a accurate idea of what it looks like".

So this morning, I visualized the oaktree, holy crap... The grass was so bright, the sky as so blue, and had a few of those swirly clouds, it was amazing. Everything was so vibrant. I didn't really even make it too detailed, I just thought "Oak tree"

I'll have to try the visualization next time I attempt WILD.
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”