When(if ever) to move on to another technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Guitar48300

When(if ever) to move on to another technique

Postby Guitar48300 » 29 Nov 2013 18:36

A few weeks ago I started doing MILD again. On the 3rd day I got a lucid dream on my 3rd dream. I know exactly what mantras I did that lead to that lucid dream. But the night after I remembered a post saying that you could do the exact same thing you did when you became lucid but not get a lucid dream. This made me think I should wait a few days before I do the same mantra combination. So ever since then I've been doing different combinations of mantras every night with no lucid dreams. The closest I'd get would be a dream about dreaming. Then I came up with a theory: Maybe I can do the same stuff every night and I'll get lucid again eventually, and in time it'll lead to having lucid dreams more often. Of course after a week or even 3 days of doing the same technique with no success I start losing confidence and think that maybe the technique has expired and I should move on or change it up a bit.
So what I'm basically asking is: Is there ever a time where I should just drop the current technique I'm trying even if did get me a lucid dream once.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Highlander

Re: When(if ever) to move on to another technique

Postby Highlander » 30 Nov 2013 01:04

Have you tried other techniques or just MILD?
In my case, when i started this, i tried DILD, MILD and a couple of WILD. I had an occasional lucid dream. Then i tried B-MILD (which is pretty much MILD but using your breath) and i had tons of LD's. Then it dropped again. Now i'm having LD's with WILD.
So, i guess you should try different ones to see what suits you best and then keep the one or two that gives you the most LD's.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 30 Nov 2013 01:46

Highlander wrote:Have you tried other techniques or just MILD?
In my case, when i started this, i tried DILD, MILD and a couple of WILD. I had an occasional lucid dream. Then i tried B-MILD (which is pretty much MILD but using your breath) and i had tons of LD's. Then it dropped again. Now i'm having LD's with WILD.
So, i guess you should try different ones to see what suits you best and then keep the one or two that gives you the most LD's.

I'm doing B-MILD right now. It got me my last lucid dream 3 weeks ago. I've tried almost all techniques I've heard of. MILD, WILD, Reality Checks, SSILD, WBTB. It seems now matter what it is I'm doing I end up getting a lucid dream once a month, if I'm lucky, except WILD which gave me 0. But B-MILD has gotten me a few dreams where I say "I'm dreaming" but don't become lucid. I don't know if that's a sign that I was close, I'm getting close or just a coincidence.
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 30 Nov 2013 13:23

Yes, you are very close. But maybe you're not aware enough, so you loose you lucidity right away.
Don't stress if you're not getting enough LD's because that will decrease even more your LD's.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Dec 2013 01:39

Guitar48300 wrote:A few weeks ago I started doing MILD again. On the 3rd day I got a lucid dream on my 3rd dream. I know exactly what mantras I did that lead to that lucid dream. But the night after I remembered a post saying that you could do the exact same thing you did when you became lucid but not get a lucid dream. This made me think I should wait a few days before I do the same mantra combination. So ever since then I've been doing different combinations of mantras every night with no lucid dreams. The closest I'd get would be a dream about dreaming. Then I came up with a theory: Maybe I can do the same stuff every night and I'll get lucid again eventually, and in time it'll lead to having lucid dreams more often. Of course after a week or even 3 days of doing the same technique with no success I start losing confidence and think that maybe the technique has expired and I should move on or change it up a bit.
So what I'm basically asking is: Is there ever a time where I should just drop the current technique I'm trying even if did get me a lucid dream once.

If you dont "believe" a technique will work for you, you should drop it (or change how you feel about it first or change it some so you can believe in that technique again). Belief is very important to succede with this stuff. I suggest not to spend time on techniques which dont feel right for you or you dont believe will work.

When you said you didnt try what worked for you again the next night due to someone saying what works once wont necessarily work the next time (or every time). I hope you didnt take a post of mine the wrong way. If something works for you, its good to keep up that thing and stick with it and build up confidence and experience. I'll repeat again.. belief that you can do this or something will work for you is important, if you believe a certain mantra will work for you... great.

If you can create a way to successfully LD which becomes like habit to you, it would make it easier to do.

It seems now matter what it is I'm doing I end up getting a lucid dream once a month

There is nothing at all wrong when one hasnt much experience in this with having a LD once a month. In time people usually end up having more as they gain experience (or tweek techniques so they work better for them). It isnt usually the case of having one LD and then thereafter having a few a week.. it usually takes time.

I suggest to keep a record of how each LD you have is brought about, so you can work out what does work better for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 05 Dec 2013 22:23

taniaaust1 wrote:
If you dont "believe" a technique will work for you, you should drop it (or change how you feel about it first or change it some so you can believe in that technique again). Belief is very important to succede with this stuff. I suggest not to spend time on techniques which dont feel right for you or you dont believe will work.

If you can create a way to successfully LD which becomes like habit to you, it would make it easier to do.

I suggest to keep a record of how each LD you have is brought about, so you can work out what does work better for you.

The current technique im doing does give me a little bit more confidence than others have. Nowadays I seem to be getting dreams where i was close to becoming lucid if I just paid a little more attention.

As for your suggestion, I do have a plan in mind to [when lucid] ask my dream how I can become lucid again then focus on whatever the dream tells me if the dream gives me an answer. if not I'll still try to keep track like you say.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”