How i do my WILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Highlander

How i do my WILD

Postby Highlander » 10 Dec 2013 16:30

I guess i tried to do WILD some time ago but it was too much work for me, so i quit. I tried the steps but it made me loose my sleep sometimes. A couple of months ago, i made a great and successful WILD unintentionally. After that, i've been doing some great WILDs using the same technique. My WILD is pretty simple. Here's how it works for me:

I can do my WILDs only if i have a lot of sleep hours (mainly at weekends) and it works best at the end (after i slept about 7-8 hours).
I go to sleep normally and i always wake up naturally after some 5 hours of sleep. Maybe had some non-lucid dreams, but it doesn't matter. Sometimes i do a WBTB, sometimes i don't. But what i always do is change to my 2nd most relaxing sleep position. I have some positions that i'm most comfortable and some are not. If i sleep in my most comfortable position (in my belly) i will fall aslepp faster and i will miss the WILD. If i sleep in my less comfortable position (on my back) it will get harder to fall asleep if not loose my sleep at all. So, i put myself in my 2nd most relaxing position, which is on my side. And then, i just wait. I don't MILD or focus on thoughts... no. I just empty my mind and go with the flow. If some thoughts appear, i just let it wander my mind. After some time (it could take an hour) i start to feel my body vibrating and I even can feel my rapid eye movement. Then some images start to appear. I just lay there, still, focus on the images and then i enter the dream.

So, to make this story short, what i do is just put myself in a position that is not the most or the least comfortable and just lay there thinking of nothing. I had around 6 good WILDs until now.

lucidinthe sky

Re: How i do my WILD

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Dec 2013 04:00

Highlander wrote:I guess i tried to do WILD some time ago but it was too much work for me, so i quit. I tried the steps but it made me loose my sleep sometimes. A couple of months ago, i made a great and successful WILD unintentionally. After that, i've been doing some great WILDs using the same technique. My WILD is pretty simple. Here's how it works for me:

I can do my WILDs only if i have a lot of sleep hours (mainly at weekends) and it works best at the end (after i slept about 7-8 hours).

This is also the case with me. My success rate with WILD is much better at around 7 hours of sleep. The problem is that after that much sleep sometimes the dreams are not very deep and not as much like real life. Sometimes the dreams are not very stable and the visuals are kind of semi-transparent.

Do you ever have that problem?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 11 Dec 2013 10:39

lucidinthe sky wrote:This is also the case with me. My success rate with WILD is much better at around 7 hours of sleep. The problem is that after that much sleep sometimes the dreams are not very deep and not as much like real life. Sometimes the dreams are not very stable and the visuals are kind of semi-transparent.

Do you ever have that problem?

No. Quite the opposite. The dreams are so vivid and wonderfull. Much more amazing than my usual non-lucid or lucid dream without this technique. And because i do this, i enter the dream with 100% lucidity. The ones i have because of B-MILD, WBTB or others, i become lucid and aware but not 100%.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Dec 2013 06:08

Highlander wrote: The dreams are so vivid and wonderfull. Much more amazing than my usual non-lucid or lucid dream without this technique. And because i do this, i enter the dream with 100% lucidity. The ones i have because of B-MILD, WBTB or others, i become lucid and aware but not 100%.

Most of my WILDS are as real as waking life and quite amazing, only occasionally do I have a problem after too many hours of sleep trying to get in one more dream. The method doesn't really matter though. I've had just as vivid and fantastic dreams with DILD, but I also prefer WILD because you can have more control and also get in the dream right at the beginning.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jan 2014 08:31

Glad to hear you worked out what is best for you.

I think there is far more variety with technique when it comes to WILD then with other of the other LD techniques. I tend to find this even so just for myself (how I get into a WILD one time will be completely different the next time.. depending on whatever Im drawn to at the time).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 10 Jan 2014 04:14

Wow, that is the exact method I use and it works with an almost 80% success rate. It gives me amazing, vivid lucid dreams. WILD is my favourite method and it give me the best LD's. I found the normal method confusing and so I developed that and now I can WILD. That's cool!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”