Meditation dreamsigns?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Juslisne

Meditation dreamsigns?

Postby Juslisne » 15 Dec 2013 11:13

I started combining meditation and visualisation for relaxation and to see what effect it would have on my LDing. My meditation technique involved inhaling, then imagining the breath would fill my whole body, become bright white, then this whiteness would drop away from my body (on exhalation) leaving my body feeling more relaxed. I did this twice a day then on going to sleep at night and noticed that the whiteness I visualised in meditation carried over into dreams - I was riding a bike in a dream and a white dog was running beneath my bike trying to bite me. I also tried a meditation/visualisation where I would imagine inhaling white air through my legs and exhaling the white air through my legs. Again, the whiteness carried over to my dreams and in the same position as it was during the meditation - I dreamed there were trees in front of me covered with white blobby stuff, and a white aircraft crashed in front of me.

It seemed interesting that the whiteness - and its position - carried over into my dreams and no other feature of the meditation did. I'm thinking maybe this whiteness and its position becomes a "dreamsign" as a result of the meditation and this dreamsign could be reliably induced in the future to lead to lucidity in some way. Obviously this as a dreamsign is different from the usual type of dreamsign that occurs in dreams.

I'm left thinking that some things done in meditation (activities, types of breathing, affirmations, kinesthetic obeservations etc) may more readily carry over into my dreams than others , meaning that saying something like, "I'll realise I'm dreaming" could be a waste of time (for me) while doing something else (say, visualising a gigantic digital clock with white numbers on to use for text-check RC) may be more induce-able as a "meditation dreamsign".

I plan to experiment with different forms of meditation/visualisation. I'll create some bizarre forms of meditation (such as something like my exhalation being so strong it blows me off the bed) and pinpoint which features of the meditation are carried over into the dreams.

Let me know if you've tried something like this or know of anyone who's had success with such an approach or similar.

taniaaust1

Re: Meditation dreamsigns?

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jan 2014 07:13

I did this twice a day then on going to sleep at night and noticed that the whiteness I visualised in meditation carried over into dreams - I was riding a bike in a dream and a white dog was running beneath my bike trying to bite me. I also tried a meditation/visualisation where I would imagine inhaling white air through my legs and exhaling the white air through my legs. Again, the whiteness carried over to my dreams and in the same position as it was during the meditation - I dreamed there were trees in front of me covered with white blobby stuff, and a white aircraft crashed in front of me.

Im speaking to you as a yogi here. I highly suggest you do less of this as you seem to be getting warnings from your own subconciousness about it .. pay heed. Too much of things like this (sometimes called lightwork) can trigger off certain negative and often quite hard to deal with issues for people eg a severe issues of "kundalini syndrome" can develop for some with too much of things like this.

Both the dog (dogs are supposed to be mans best friend but in your dream its turned against you) and the plane (something which flies) .. the white dog biting and the white plane crashing both could be representing warnings with this. White is a spiritual colour ..so its like you have been attacked by something usually positive. The sacred Kundalini would fit with all this.

You didnt say for how long per day you were doing this but for a beginner with working with light.. 20mins per day is a good start (any more then this and you may be overdoing it. What you are doing is an actual energy exercise and affects the energy bodies and hence body in ways).

Its always good to do 5 mins of physical exercises after energywork as this kind of thing can possibly lead to energy congestion. energy blocks which can end up leading to physical health issues.. exercise helps one ground and helps make sure energy hasnt congested. (Im not saying not to do this visualization at all as it can rather be quite healthy doing something like this but just saying take care and do in moderation).

best luck
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”