Is this a method?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Is this a method?

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 04 Jan 2014 02:42

Okay so a couple of nights ago I woke up after my dream (as usual) and I started to visualize in my mind a couple of islands. As I'm drifting off to sleep this visualization of these islands actually turns into the start of a dream where it starts from that image of the islands and starts zooming in to the dream. I didn't become lucid in this dream however so I'm not sure, is this a visualization method or what?
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Re: Is this a method?

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jan 2014 06:25

Its a common method of creating what you want to dream of.

You may need to do other things as well if you want to become lucid in dreams eg reality checks etc

I think the visualization method (thou Im not all familiar with it as I dont visualise) is where one visualises something and then tries to enter into their visualisation or interact with it.. until it becames a WILD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Site Admin

Re: Is this a method?

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jan 2014 20:19

Yes this sounds much like a Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream (DEILD) also more commonly known as a Wake Induced Lucid Dream:

Sometimes during the dream entry you can forget you are dreaming and it becomes a normal dream, which is what happened here. If you mentally remind yourself "I'm dreaming" throughout the dream entry, you will retain your consciousness and have had a vivid lucid dream - next time!

Never mind - the fact that you did what you did shows you just how easy it can be to achieve a WILD when the circumstances are right. Next time, you'll hang on to lucidity and it will be awesome ;)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”